Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My very first Magnolia stamp and card




My friend Amanda who works at my school gave me a birthday present today all wrapped up with a gorgeous card and it was a Magnolia Stamp! I was so surprised and excited when her daughter Chelsea (who is in my class) handed it to me this morning. I had to make a card tonight to thank her for it. I combined two challenges Cute Card Thursday Floral Fantasy and Friday Sketches. The Floral fantasy challenge meant you had to include a flower somewhere on your card and I copied the Friday Sketch as accurately as I could - but I had no oval punches or cardboard cut-outs and couldn't find anything oval to trace so I had to modify the sketch slightly. It took me all night to make this card! Which is why I have to post quickly tonight and get myself into bed ready for school tomorrow! I hope you like my very first Magnolia card. I think its a bit cute!

3 comments:

Beccy said...

Its a lovely card and a briliant pressie lucky you x

Cheryl said...

A beautiful card and such a fabulous design!!! Love the placing of Tilda!
xx

PapierGirl said...

Alicia, what a sweet card! You did a great job! What a great friend - does she need another? ;) I love when I get scrapbooking gifts - they last forever! Have a wonderful day! Cathy