Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pink and Girly...




I am always wanting to make pink cards. It is one of my favourite colours and pink papers and ribbons and embellishments seem to be magnetically attracted to me - or I to them. So when I saw the Pink challenge on Stamp Something, I just had to enter! I found a great sketch on Creative Inpirations and thought I would combine the two challenges to make a beautiful card...The photo above is what I came up with. If you can't read the text it says "treasure your birthday". I used papers from DCWV The Sweet Stack and added some stitching around the edges in pink cotton. I coloured the image with my ink pads, Stampin' Write markers and Aqua Pen. I added a bit of Kindy-Glitz to the wings. She is such a cute little girl - I am in love with this stamp...I just need a cute little girl with a birthday coming up...both my nieces have a birthday in the next two months so one of them will probably receive this card...Thanks to everyone who leaves comments on my cards. I love reading your thoughts.
Alicia xx

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

So very sweet Alicia,you have done a fabulous job with the sketch and your colouring is fantastic!!!
xx

Lynda said...

Hey Alicia. Any little girl would go nuts over this card. I too am in awe of ur colouring and love the feel the card has to it....and I an NOT a v pink person. Has a real cute innocence about it.

Tracy said...

Beautiful card Alicia,beautiful image and love the hearts echoed in the corner.
good luck in the challenge.
xxx

Teresa Kline said...

this is soooo adorable, great colors and embellies! *~*

cheryl said...

lovely card great colours too good luck in the challenge

Kathryn said...

What a DARLING card -- that image is so very SWEET!!! Great job!

LINDA said...

Absolutely Gorgeous.. Love the colors..You have colored Tilda just perfect..Very Lovely work.. Hugs, Linda

jude said...

Wow stunning card love the way youve used the sketch.Good luck and thanks for joining in the challenge over at creative inspirations
judex

LOUISE said...

Beautiful card Alicia, love the image, and love your hearts you have used as part of the Sketch. Thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge, and best of luck. Louise x

Erin... said...

Very sweet card! I love the image and all the pinks! Great hearts in the corner as well! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something:)

Amanda said...

Very Girly, very bright, I love this card. I am loving all the images.
Amanda

Nicola said...

Wow what a fantastic card Alicia, I too love pink AND Tilda - love your papers and beautiful detail and I too loved playing with this sketch.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

TxLonestarAngel said...

Pretty in pink love it!

Stephanie Xx

maxine said...

Great card I love pink.