Friday, May 22, 2009

A Rainbow-Shaped Card


The idea of making a rainbow-shaped card came to me last night when I was too tired after the day at school to create a card.  Then tonight when I was blog-hopping I came across the Just Magnolia Shape Challenge.  I thought this challenge would be perfect for my rainbow card.  I picked a Magnolia stamp that would suit a little girl and I printed my rainbow template off the computer.  
We have started selling our cards at school.  Amanda and Lucinda have organised a little box in the staff room where we place our cards in snap-lock bags and staff can have a look through and opt to buy them if they wish.  Some of my work colleagues have also started visiting my blog.  How nice it is to hear that people look at your photos and read your blog over the internet.  I would like to say "Hi" to Denise and Jenny and thank them for visiting...Denise if you still need a "little-girl birthday card" this one is for you!
School is so crazy at the moment so I want to really concentrate on having fun this weekend.  A good break from the work hassles and worries.  I hope all of you reading have a lovely, relaxing weekend with time out for yourself.
Alicia xx

11 comments:

Marianne said...

great Card Alicia

Donna said...

it's a lovely rainbow shaped card Alicia, love the added clouds too. And your coloring is lovely. Great job
hugs
Donna

Naoual said...

I love this card! It's so beautiful I love the rainbow and the clouds, great job!!

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

debbies said...

Oh this is adorable - love the rainbow!

Martine said...

This is beautiful :), thanks for playing along in this weeks Just Magnolia challenge :)

xx

Martine

ros said...

how cute is this card!!!! love that rainbow, great idea

Lynda Nielsen said...

Awwww how cute is this? I love it! Great idea with the rainbow.... Gorgeous shape - Perfect Coloring Too
Hugs
Lynda =)

Beccy said...

Lovely to see such an unusual shaped card the rainbow is lovely.
Beccy x

Shell said...

oh wow i just adore this idea it's fab.
shell x

Amanda said...

I think the rainbow card is very pretty and cute.This is the best card I have ever seen I just like the way it is made love Chelsea.
Well she is in bed now, you do have to take some responsibility, if you didn't teach her so well she wouldn't be able to read, spell and type. I love this card, you are so creative, it is a gorgeous idea.
Love Amanda

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card Hun such great papers and lovely colour of Tilda, thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui x