Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Bright and Cheery Birthday Card


I began this card a few weeks ago when I borrowed Amanda's SU Eastern Blooms stamp set. I finished it off tonight. I am really in love with this set. I stamped the flowers in Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Yoyo Yellow. I thought it would be a good card for a Stampin' Up workshop - simple, colourful and it allows you to have a play, stamping the flowers onto whisper white. I am giving it to my friend Lucinda to see if she would like to use it in one of her workshops. The sentiment is not SU - but could be replaced with any sentiment that suits.
I am entering this card in the Charisma Cardz Challenge where you are free to stamp any theme and in any style. Sometimes it is nice to have freedom!
I went to a baby shower today for a girl at work. We played games, drank cups of tea, ate lots of delicious treats and watched her unwrap many gorgeous presents. Tomorrow is the first "official" day of holidays! I am going out for lunch at Red Rock to celebrate Carol's birthday. Should be fun. Sunny weather is predicted for this week so I am looking forward to a few strolls along the broadwater.
Hope you had an enjoyable weekend. Thanks for visiting my blog.

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Very bright and so cheerful!
I like how the flowers are popped up.

Enjoy the weekend!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

PapierGirl said...

Alicia - this is certainly a bright and cheerful card! I love red and blue together and I love your scalloped borders. Nice work! Cathy xx :)

Victoria said...

I adore the colours you've used in this one Alicia, very wow but not in teh least overpowering. It will certainly make the receiver very happy I'm sure

Victoria
x

Ann said...

Beautiful! I love the bright color combo!

Amanda said...

THis card looks fantastic too. You are so good with your colour combos. Lucinda will love it.
Love Amanda

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous Alicia,love the colours and placement of your flowers!!!
xx