Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Delicious Divas


I am excited to announce that I have been accepted as a Guest Designer for a new challenge blog called Delicious Divas. This is my first time ever at being a Guest Designer so I am a true novice. But a very excited one! I have already had a few attempts at the first two challenges so I really can't wait for them to go live. Why not pop over to the blog and become a follower...As soon as the challenge begins I will let you know!

I made a card for Amanda last night as it was her birthday today. I didn't want to post it last night because she might go blog-hopping and see it before I could give it to her! We treated her with card-making supplies for her birthday (just what she needs!) and the last part to her present is on its way from overseas...it didn't make it in time unfortunately. I used the sketch from Kellie's Sketch Competition. It was tricky! I changed my colours about four times before deciding on pink, brown and green. I used a Digi-stamp called Penelope from Doodle's Designs.


I also made a card for Lucinda for one of her SU workshops. Sometimes she uses my designs for her parties. I keep the cards simple. This one is using Ballet Blue (my new favourite colour) and chocolate brown and the hostess stamps. It was very quick to make. Lucinda liked it so I was happy.
I visited my Naturopath after school today and stocked up on all my vitamins and herbs. She gave me extra immune boosting stuff to hopefully help me stop getting every germ that lingers past! If kids in my class get something I seem to quickly get it as well...
Thanks for coming and visiting my blog.

4 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

I love how you turned the sketch! Gorgeous.
Kristy
P.s Glad to have you on as guest designer at Diva, your work is amazing.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations Alicia,so well deserved....can't wait to see your creations!!! Love your gorgeous cards,beautiful papers and fab take on Kellie's sketch!!
xx

Kellie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! I say that a lot when it comes to your work but it's always so worthy of WOW gorgeous! Love how you turned the sketch to make it your own and the stamp is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining in with my sketch challenge :) And I can't wait to work with you over at Delicious Diva Challenges, your work is stunning xx.

Amanda said...

Hello, Thank you for this beautiful birthday card, it is wonderful. I am so excited you are going to be on a DT but not surprised as you are so talented and your creations are awesome.Love Amanda