Friday, July 3, 2009

Sweetie's Sketches



I was inspired by the sketch from Sweetie's Sketches and all the fabulous cards from their DT collection. I made two cards - both very similar. But I am trying to make a few cards for a festival coming up at school and my friend Amanda taught me its easier to make two cards of a similar design. She is right. The second card is much quicker to make, because you just follow the first.
I also wanted to show you the two baby presents I wrapped today. I realised I didn't have any baby wrapping paper so I made my own! I posted them off today.
I did a lot of reading today which was nice. When I went for a walk this morning I got talking to a 94 year-old man who was sitting out the front of his house in the next street. He ended up being a writer and lent me one of his books to read. I read his book today, it was set in the Australian bush. I quite enjoyed it. He told me he left school at the age of 12 and taught himself how to write stories by reading good-quality literature. Amazing who you run into isn't it! He said everyone should write because everyone has a story to tell. Have you ever considered writing an autobiography? Let me know. Hope you are having a peaceful Friday evening.

5 comments:

Kellie said...

I love both the cards Alicia. You have done an amazing job with the sketch! and the wrapping on the presents is so gorgeous. Isn't it nice sometimes to chat with someone you have never met and to hear their story, he sounds very interesting and someone that would have a lot of stories to share. Hmmm have I thought about it hmmm once or twice.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Kelx

Cheryl said...

Such a beautiful cards Alicia,fabulous job on the sketch,it all blends in perfectly!!! Such cute wrapping and very clever! Its amazing what stories the older people have to tell.
xx

Shell Jeanes said...

Alicia these are just beautiful! You followed the sketch really well :)
I love your wrapping paper too, looks nicer than bought roll stuff hehe.

I love your story about the old man in the next street. Good on you for taking time to stop and chat with him....secretly I reckon you would have made his day. Old people love to tell their story and boy some are facinating.
Awesome post Alicia...
Shell xx (sweetie's)

Lucinda said...

What a fantastic story. not only did he leave an inprint on your life, but you would have left a lovely inprint on his.
These cards are just wonderful.

Amanda said...

Lovely cards , I like your papers you have used. Very cute wrap, what a great idea! Sounds like you've made a new friend, it was wonderful you made the time to talk to him,I am looking forward to hear more of his story.
Love Amanda