Sunday, October 25, 2009

MDUC Distressing - Guest DT

Good evening, this is my second and final Guest DT creation for Magnolia Down Under. I have been so lucky and honoured to be a Guest Designer for the month of October. I am sure you agree the beautiful projects the MDUC Design Team create are just amazing!
This fortnight's theme is Distressing. My sister wanted me to make a journal for her friend, and because purple is my sister's fave colour I used these gorgeous newpapers from Kaiser. They are from the Lilac Avenue collection. I distressed the edges of my Tilda and her cupcacke and the paper behind the word "journal" that I cut out using the Cricut. I added pearls and rhinestones to the centre of the flowers, some little butterflies, netted and silver ribbon and a hat pin. I hope both my sister and her friend like it.
You should definately pop over to Magnolia Down Under and participate in this fortnight's challenge. Distressing bits and pieces of a project creates a great look. Plus there is some gorgeous soaps to be won from this fortnight's sponsor. I will come and visit your blog and comment on your creations.
I hope you had a lovely weekend. Thanks very much for visiting my blog.

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

OMG this is stunning,so pretty and girly!!! Your sister is going to love it!!
xx

Jodie from Oz said...

Hi Alicia, Wow what a beautiful Journal. Tilda is adorable sitting up there on the cupcake. Kaisercrafts Lilac Ave is just gorgeous and the ribbon & pearls finish off this beautifully distressed journal, wonderful inspiration for all joining MDU for this challenge. Hugs Jodie

Norma said...

Alicia, fabulous project. This is one of my fabvorite Tildas. Love the colours you used. Beautifully coloured. The huge bows is a nice touch--love the material you used for it.

Hugs.
Norma

Annette Bowes said...

Absolutely gorgeous, just love the colour lol! Just been and bought some myself. Beautifully coloured Tilda, cute butterflies too! Take CareX:)

Carol Dee said...

Sweet Card, sweet Matilda, sweet cupcake. LOVE that mesh ribbon. Have a good week, hugs...

Wilma said...

I like this Alicia - really well done - I love the distressed look, the colours and the image is so cute- it a long way for me to pop down (LOL)! but as i do manage to reach your blog perhaps i might do the down under challenge one day!:)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is so fabulous Alicia, I would love a journal like this.
Kristy x

Leigh said...

I love the ribbon lace and pearls you've used Alicia. Beautiful.

Sue said...

Alicia, what a beautiful journal you have created! Tilda is colored so beautifully and love her sitting up on that cupcake. Colors are gorgeous, and if that is your sister's favorite color, she may not give it away when she sees it, I know I wouldn't. Very nice project. That net bow is awesome!!

Loz said...

This is gorgeous... love the purple and white socks! I want a pair!!

stephanne said...

This is so pretty, any girl would ADORE it, heck, ANYONE would, lol!!! Just beautiful hues of lavender and your colouring is gorgeous and love that lace, beautiful work and loved working with you this month!!
Stephanne

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous journal Alicia - who wouldn't want one of these sitting on their desk?!?!?
xXx

cabio's craft corner said...

Fantastic altered journal. Love the purple color scheme and the lace & pearls are wonderfully addition!
Hugs,
Cabio

having a {me} day said...

What a fabulous journal! I love it. kxx