Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Christmas/Thank you card

This card is for my beautician who is leaving the industry and going back to uni. She has been looking after me for about four years and I do like to spoil her from time to time. This card is going with a box of chocolates to say "Merry Christmas" and "Thank you".

I am entering this card in the 8 challenges listed below:

MDUC - Christmas
Papertake Weekly - Christmas Crackers
Creative Card Crew - Favourite things (I love the glass baubles for the tree)
Charisma Cardz - Anything Christmas
Colour Create - Green, Red and White
Stamp Something - Thank you
Creatalicious - Christmas Challenge
Just Magnolia - Sketch

The green DP is from the Kimberly Poloson range - "Nature's Flora". The other card stock is SU Real Red, Old Olive and Whisper White. I used the Cuttlebug to emboss the white and green strips underneath the main image. I added lace, pearls, leaves and flowers. I coloured in with SU markers and I used Heat and Stick powder and Dazzling Diamond glitter on the bauble. I coloured her hair with Close to Cocoa and Chcocolate Chip. The card looks much nicer in real life. I hope she likes it! Thanks for visiting.

18 comments:

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Alicia
The image is adorable, love your design too. Thanks for joining us for the Colour Create Challenge.

Karen x

Leigh said...

This is gorgeous Alicia.

Tracey Feeger said...

Alicia - how gorgeous is this. I love the sparkly christmas bauble.Great job with the challenge.
mwah
Trace

Carol Dee said...

Like it? She is going to love it. Yesterday Jeannie (Dragonfly dreams) and I got to meet! We went to my favorite stamp store and looked at these sweet Magnolia Images and thought of you !!! Have a wonderful weekeknd, hugs...

Sally said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Jill said...

absolutely beautiful Alicia thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Cheryl said...

Just gorgeous Alicia,love your DP and beautiful embellishments and your sparkly bauble is fantastic!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
xx

Sue said...

Alicia, what a pretty card. The red of Tilda's outfit and the white lace and flowers is such a pretty combination. Very nice. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the MDUC this week.

Unknown said...

Hi Carol,
So sweet of you to think of me all the way over on the other side of the world! How cool is that! I would love you to start your own blog, so I can come and visit you too. You really dont have to post every day...nobody minds.
Alicia xx

Sue said...

oh gorgeous card she looks fab sitting on her bauble,great colouring, sue.x

Anonymous said...

I just love how she's sitting atop an ornament...so creative and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creatilicious...would love to see you join us again next month!

Abby:)

stephanne said...

Like it? Like it??!?!?! She will love it and you are a sweetheart to spoil your hairdresser like that!! Beautiful card, love that lace behind those lush papers and you've coloured sweet little Tilda beautifully!! Are you ready for Christmas?? Thanks for playing with us at MDUC, I hope we'll see you back next time around!!
Stephanne

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Alicia - I just love this layout! And all the bling and red - just beautiful!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Kellie said...

Naaaaw she look so sweet, Gorgeous card, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge. xx

Hugs, Kel
MDUC Site Owner.

Loz said...

8 Challenges... good work! Wow! She's Stunning! Love the colouring and that glittery bauble!

Bec said...

aww.. so pretty, thanks so joining us at creatalicious.. Bec xx

Erin... said...

so cute and pretty!! love that tilda and what a wonderful layout! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week:)

Jodie from Oz said...

Just stunning Alicia, your DP and embellishments are beautiful and I love the sparkly bauble, it is stunning. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
Hugs Jodie from Oz