Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sketch and Stash Card

After a busy Tuesday I am here posting a card....Its is a birthday card for my Auntie Mary who lives in Coffs Harbour NSW. She is a special Auntie to me because she often comes and visits me on the Gold Coast so I wanted to make her a special card.
I followed the Sketch from Sketch and Stash Challenge this fortnight. I really enjoyed the sketch. My new stash is the gorgeous SU DP, the lace, flowers and oval punch. The neglected stash is the blue ribbon and the SU stamp set (window, cat and vases of flowers).
I also decorated the inside of the card very simply. The main colours I used for the card are Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa, and White. Thanks for popping over and visiting my blog.

9 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

i love this card it caught my eye on linda's blog, so pretty , i love window images. janex

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just lovely :-) I am sure your Auntie will just treasure this wonderful card ! I love the images and the papers you used are perfect ! I LOVE the flowers ,, gorgeous ! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Leigh said...

Alicia, this is such a beautiful card. Love those pearl sprays.

Debra James said...

What a beautiful card Alicia. So soft and delicate. I Love how u used the ribbon and the whole overall effect is soooo pretty. Im sure your Aunty will love it. Hugs Debra

Carol Dee said...

A very special card for your Aunt. I like the colors and the pretty flowers on the side. Hugs...

LINDA said...

This is just beautiful..Very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Chrissie said...

Such a gorgeous card Alicia, I love the papers and the sweet images and the inside looks just as beautiful!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Becky said...

Stunning card Alicia, I love all the texture on your card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love this card Alicia - it's beautiful!
I like the way you've dressed the window using this gorgeous colour combination and adding the pretty lace and flowers - so soft and feminine (and of course love the cat - I'm a cat person you see.)
Fabulous work - love it.
Hugs,
Ramona xx