Saturday, February 20, 2010

Courtney's Card...


Today I received a call from a little girl who was in my class last year reminding me that her birthday was this week. Of course I had to make her a card. I used this gorgeous Sarah Kay image and coloured it with ink pads and aqua painted. I used SU Scribble This stamp set to make the swirls and flowers. I stamped it in SU Regal Rose and coloured it in with the SU Pretty in Pink ink using my aqua painter. I used So Saffron and Barely Banana for the centre of the flowers and then Kindy Glitz for a bit of sparkle. I added some lace with threaded pink ribbon across the bottom of the card and the DPs are SU Tea Party.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:




Stamp Something Challenge Blog - A touch of Spring


Stamp With Us - Colour Challenge


I have had a busy week and haven't posted for a few days. I have spent lots of time programming for school on my days off and on my days on, I have been too exhausted to do anything else. Hopefully things will begin to settle down soon.

I hope you have a had a productive and happy week. Thanks for visiting me today.

13 comments:

Leigh said...

It's a pretty card Alicia, just right for a little girl.

Carol Dee said...

You are so sweet to make cards for your old students. I am sure they are missing you! The new students will discover how lucky they are soon enough :) The card is really cute. Love the flowers and swirls framing the main image. Happy weekend, hugs..

Viv said...

Lovely card

Betty Boo! said...

Wow precious card! Love the pop up effects, the glitter is just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at TPE this week!

Betty

chris said...

Hi there Alicia.
this is STUNNING I love it,
love the way you have used scribble this,I may have to invest in this one, i'm sure the bithday girl will be pleased as punch with this one, you can't go wrong with sarah kay.
back soon chris xx

thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.

Kerrie said...

Wow, such an elegant card, colours are beautiful, I just love sarah kay stamps myself!

Sara said...

How pretty and so appropriately girlie. Love how you've created the frame around the image. Thanks for playing along.

Sara xx
Stamp With Us Design Team

Trudi said...

Simply gorgeous Alicia! You did a beautiful job. Thanks for playing along this week at TPE!

Loz said...

Hey Alicia, love the flowers and swirls as the frame, gorgeous! Hope you're settling into school... and making new little friends x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Gorgeous! I love the sparkle and the soft colors! Just adorable! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

How beautiful! Love all the swirls and 3D elements. Such a sweet image too. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamp Something this week. :)

Steph said...

What a gorgeous card, Alicia. I love the swirls and flowers around the edge especially x

Stamp WIth Us said...

This is beautiful, I love the glitz!

Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge.

XXX