Saturday, March 27, 2010

Magnolia Easel Card


I have finally made my first easel card....I admit to be being a bit behind everyone else in the blogging world... But this card needed to be extra special. It is for my cousin Monica and it is her 21st Birthday Party today. This card is going with a family gift.
I used these gorgeous DPs from the Kimberly Poloson range. I just love them! I followed the sketch from Magnolia Down Under Challenges. You may need to put your creative glasses on to see how I followed the sketch...it changed and developed as I made the card. But I did honestly have the sketch in front of me as I made the card and it was my inspiration and guide.
I used all Magnolia and SU stamps. The cardstock was Elegant Eggplant. I coloured with inkpads and aqua painter using varying shades of purple/mauve and Old Olive. I used Kindy-glitz on the key but sadly it did not sparkle much in the photo.
I would like to enter the following three challenges:
Roses on Paper - Punch it
Cute Card Thursday - Dimensions
I hope you are having a relaxing Saturday,

7 comments:

Loz said...

Woo Hoo!!!! Love it Alicia! I have to admit they become addictive as you get to put som much extra yumminess on the bottom as well!!! Love the little scene, gorgeous colouring. I'm sure your cousin will love her card.. have a great time at the party (if you're going!)... xx

Kerrie said...

What a fantastic easel card, I'm sure your cousin will love her card.... your colouring is fantastic, love all the different shades you have created.

Rosette said...

Lovely easel card sweeetie :) Thanks for joining us at rOP :) I hope to see your fantastic cards again at our challenge :)

chris said...

Hi there Alicia
your first easel card is amazing, you do realise that once you start you cant stop!!
there will be boxes underneath and draws and different ,I have to stop myself.
love your tilda she is very pretty, and the landscape is wonderful, may have to invest in that.
back soon hugs chris xx

mckinkle said...

What a cracker to start with Alicia! I am addicted to them now so beware!!

Fab card!

Keryn x

Leigh said...

Another beautiful easel card Alicia.

Carol Dee said...

She is going to love this. A fun card and so pretty, too! Hugs...