Thursday, March 11, 2010

Genevieve's Card


This card is for my cousin Genevieve. She is studying Medicine at University and it was her birthday yesterday. I went for Autumn tones seeing we are coming into Autumn in Australia. The papers are Basic Grey and SU. I used ink pads and aqua painter to colour. I tried to make her dress two-tone red and orange and blend the colours. I distressed and stitched the edges. The sentiment is from SU and the flowers and ribbons from my stash.

I followed the recipe at Magnolia Down Under 3 papers, 3 flowers, 2 buttons and a bow and I followed the sketch from Stamp with Us. I can also enter the challenge "Sew Simple" at One Stop Craft Challenge.

I have had a good week this week, and am finding my feet with my new job which leaves me a bit of time to post this card. I look forward to more crafting time! I hope you are finding the time to relax and craft.


Thanks for visiting me today, and take care.


13 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS! I love that her birthday is Autumn so you did the colours to resemble this, and it's stunning, I am sure she will LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
Hugs Kel xx

Amanda said...

I love your colouring of the image you are so good at it. Love all the colours you have used in your papers too it looks great.

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful job Alicia - love the warm Autumn tones!
Thanx soooo much for joining us at MDUC this week
xXx

Shelley said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colours! Love the two tone you have used. hugs Shelley

Please pop by and visit on my blog - thanks

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

chris said...

Hi there Alicia
just love the orange hues of this card, makes you feel warm inside,I dare bet the weather makes you feel warm inside too, which is more than can be said here !
Brill card hugs chris xx

Alleena Burger said...

Great card again!! You should enter this into the Stampavie and More (http://stampwithsarahkay.blogspot.com/) whose theme for the week is to use Orange. Have a great day.

Carol Dee said...

Winter finally seems to be waning here in the U.S. we are so glad to be thinking SPRING! Although autumn is still my FAVORITE season. Your card is sweet. She will love it! Hugs....

Tracey Feeger said...

Alicia this is great. Love the colours and the image looks wonderful. Great job with the recipe challenge. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Leigh said...

I like your card Alicia. Excellent colours.

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous card, love the autumn tones, and wow hasn't the weather changed quickly ....

stephanne said...

Hi Alicia, I hope all is good with you lately!! LOVE your card, the colours are gorgeous and the sewing along with the ribbon you chose is perfect, and I love your colouring!! Thanks for sharing with us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!!
Stephanne

Stamp WIth Us said...

This is stunning.

Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge.

XXX

Cheryl said...

So sweet,fabulous colouring and I love this colour combo!!!
xx