Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to a special sister...


It is my sister's birthday tomorrow and she makes my life so much more fun and exciting. She has such a positive nature. I wanted to make her a beautiful birthday card to go with her present. Her favourite colour is purple so when I saw the challenge over at Magnolia Stamp Lovers was to use the colour purple, I thought perfect! I also followed the sketch from Pretty in Ink to create this card.
I used DP from the Kimberley Poloson range (which I am in love with), purple ric-rac, lace, ribbon, pearls, prima flowers and butterflies all from my stash. The swirl stamp and sentiment is SU. I coloured with ink pads and aqua painter and added kindy glitz.

This week I am busy preparing for my 30th party which will be Friday night. I have lots to organise. I am going into town today to do the first grocery shop. I am feeling so tired though because we went and saw a late movie last night and I am not sleeping well at the moment...I think once I get some of these jobs out of the way my mind will be able to rest better.

I hope you have had a lovely Easter and I thank you for coming and visiting my blog and leaving such encouraging comments.

19 comments:

Loz said...

Gorgeous Alicia! Love this image and those HUGE pearls! They're gorgeous!! My lil sister's birthday is also tomorrow! You and your sister are close in age like us, I was 29 in Jan and now she will be 27... I hope you have a fabulous 30th!! Mine is coming back around too quickly!! Have a great week, get some rest and I'll be back to check out your blog when we get home from Adelaide... Loz xx

anaRy said...

Hello Alicia!
Your card is so pretty! Loved the embellishments.
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge!
XO
Anary

Jeannie said...

Hi Alicia! This card is just as cute as can be and so are your Easter cards! I hope all is well with you and thanks so much for visiting me. Your new picture looks beautiful too!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

chris said...

Hi there Alicia
love it, love it, and your sister will too.
hugs chris xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card!

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, such a beautiful and so cute card! Your colouring ist great, Alicia, and I love the gorgeous mix of papers, flowers and butterflies that you have used! Fantastic work!

hugs Zimtschnecke

Unknown said...

Great job, your sister will be very happy to receive this! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers. Hugs, Stephanie

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's so pretty Alicia! Your sister is going to love it!
That Tilda is so precious, I love how you coloured her and gave her sparkly wings! All the embellies are gorgeous too!
Thanks for joining in with the challenge!
I hope that you have a great Birthday and enjoy your party!
Hugs
Nicola

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Alicia, Loooove it, such a wonderful colour lol! Gorgeous embellishments, love the butterflies. Wishing you and your sister Very Happy Birthdays! Hope you are fully fit to celebrate, take careX:)

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card - love the lilacs . Great take on Nicolas sketch. The flowers and butterflies are just gorgeous
Lisa ;)

Cindy said...

Cute card, love the Tilda dragonfly image. Thanks for joining the MSL challenge. Cindy2

mckinkle said...

Hi, I have something for you over on my blog! Please pop over when you get a moment!

Keryn x

Carol Dee said...

Aren't sisters the best friends? I just spent the day with mine. :) I love the card, she will too. Hmmm, your birthdays are close together! Hugs...

Michelle said...

A lovely card, all the elements come together beautiful and your colouring is wonderful.

Twiglet said...

Keryn is right - yours is indeed a charming blog -I love your Easter cards.

Cheryl said...

Alicia this is so very beautiful,such a pretty colour combo and the pearls are a perfect touch!!! I hope you and your sister have a wonderful birthday!!
xx

Sheri said...

Alicia ..I just love the bling on Tilda's wings..so effective! Good luck and thanks so much for being part of the Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge!

Vivi Casale said...

your card is adorable!!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!
xxx
Vivi

ThePurplePlace said...

Congratulations! Your card is wonderful and I'm very happy to hear you WON!!

Lisa