Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Summer Inspired Magnolia Card

Well, it is nothing like Summer here at the moment in Australia...we have the fire going, and I am needing to get some slippers and an electric blanket....After living on the Gold Coast for five years and now being back in NSW the cold weather is a little hard to take.

I was quite happy to make a Summer-inspired card to remind me of those sunny days...and to fit all the summer challenges out there in blog-land at the moment.

This is the first time I have coloured this Tilda. I was lucky enough to win her and she was fun to colour. I coloured her in bright summery colours to match my SU DP. I was going for a bright, cheery card.
I would like to play along with the following challenges...
Stampin' for the Weekend - Summer/Travel Theme
Just Magnolia - Frame it
Our Creative Corner - Summer Inspiration

I finalised my reports today so they are all done - Hooray! That leaves plenty of time for one thing...making cards! I just want to sit and craft and craft and craft...

Hope you have had a lovely weekend.
Thanks for visiting.

15 comments:

Leigh said...

Another pretty card Alicia.

Carol Dee said...

Summer is coming on strong here in the U.S. Your Tilda is colored so perfectly. i looks like you are enjoying your copic markers :) Hugs...

mulberry station said...

What a bright sweet card! I love how you popped the image..It looks like she could jump right into your arms. Love the use of the dollie and beautiful flowers!! Gorgeous card!
Nancy SSW-DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Alicia, This is such a fun girly, summery card! Fabulous job. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW! This is beautiful. I just love all of the pink! This stamp is darling. Beautiful Doily, Gorgeous creation, Hugs!

Arlana 11426 said...

Thanks for playing along @SSW!!! love your fun sweet colors and added doily.

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Alicia she is beautiful, love all your gorgeous detail and layout, fantastic colouring, so pleased you have finished your reports, looking forward to seeing what you craft next, take careX:)

JR Creations said...

Wow can't believe this is your first time colouring a Tilda, it's brilliant! Great take on the sketch Alicia, love the vibrancy of it. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Jenny T.

debby4000 said...

oh wonderful card, beautiful cute Tilda and fab colours too.
luv
Debby

Do What You Love said...

This is such a beautiful card - I just love Tilda! Oh, those flowers are so gorgeous - super duper wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at SSW! :)

Chelsea said...

Hi Alicia, gorgeous card and beautiful coloring. Love those beautiful flowers too.

Jeannie said...

Hi again Alicia! This card is amazing! You've been busy lately - I like that! Nice to see you joining in on contests!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just beauitful! All your flowers are gorgeous! Just a wonderful card! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Mummylade said...

magnificent card! I'm so glad you joined the SFTW challenge this time, good luck!

Gunn (Merete) said...

Wow, this is great. What a clever detalj with the doiles and pearls.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
*Gunn*