Monday, July 12, 2010

Bulk Cards

I had the urge to make some bulk cards today. It was so rainy and bleak outside, crafting seemed like the perfect way to spend some time. After my box of new SU goodies arrived I couldn't wait to have a play! I used the colours Real Red, Black and Whisper White to make these cards and thought this would qualify me for the Crazy 4 Challenges - Red, Black and White competition, alos the Pollycraft Monday Challenge - Bold and Bright! These colour combination certainly makes bold and bright cards.
I made six cards, nearly all are slightly different, because I changed my mind a bit as I went. I used my new SU Cottage Garden stamp set which was so much fun to stamp wherever I felt like! A nice change from colouring in the lines. I experimented with my new Sissix Top Note die and layered some with black and left some plain white. I pop-dotted some of the flowers to make them jump off the page a little.
This photo is pretty ordinary...but shows off the cards nicely if you ignore the reflection in the coffee table glass...I need to get better at photographing a group of cards. I used a cuttlebug folder to emboss the red card.
Here they all are lying flat...you can see in the first one I made I used the black and white stripe ribbon, but then I found a nicer, thicker all black ribbon and so I swapped over to that. I wouldn't mind doing a similar set in some different colours.
Thanks for looking today,

14 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Good Morning. I love the cards. Clean lines and nice contrasting colors. They really pop. I also like making mutiples, then you always have something on hand ( or surplus to sell!) Have a wonderful week. hugs...

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

This set is so gorgeous. Red, back, and white is such a stunning color combo. :)

Loz said...

These are gorgeous and would sell like hotcakes at your local market if you have one! Wow, I love them! ♥

mckinkle said...

Super set of cards Alicia, my fav colour combo too!

Keryn x

Anonymous said...

Alicia - fabulous cards. I love the use of the Top Note die and the fact that each of the cards is a little different. wonderful!
thanks for inspiring us

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hi Alicia your cards are lovely and each take on a personality of thier own. I was both delighted and thrilled with your lovely compments left on my blog and I am honored for you to become a follower! I hope to become good bloggin buddies!
Hugs Bonnie

Deirdre said...

Alicia, these are just BEAUTIFUL. Love how they all turned out.

Amanda said...

Wow these are great,very nice.xxAmanda

Paula said...

Gorgeous set of cards, I love them!!

Thanks for joining us at pollycraft x

Chelsea said...

Hi Alicia,
Gorgeous cards!
Your design is so wonderful.
Great color combo.
Luv,
Chelsea

Beccy said...

These are great Alicia - your purchases obviously are not going to be sat on a shelf.

Hugs Beccy

Kerrie said...

Super gorgeous set of cards ... I must attend a stamping Up up party, I want new goodies!

Joey said...

oh Alicia these are too pretty! gorgeous design and I love the stamp! Thanks for joining us at pollycraft
Joey.x

Jeannie said...

These are awesome!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie