Saturday, July 3, 2010

Forever Friends Set of Cards

Goodevening Blogging Buddies,
I have a set of cards to share with you tonight.
I made six of these for my stash. I didn't add a sentiment because I thought they would be suitable for birthdays and thank you cards. I have used a couple of these already and sent them away - one went to the kind and lovely Kez, to say "thank you" for stamping some images for me. The Forever Friends Image is coloured with Copics.
I would like to enter the Moving Along with the Times Challenge - Sketch
and
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Animal Crackers

Have you been curious to how I survived Day Three of my three day countdown? It went very smoothly right up until the last minute. I locked my classroom door and then removed my key off my key ring to return it to the Principal. I had it in my hand with a little post-it note that was reminding me to return the key. I also had two bags that I was carrying out and my mobile phone in my other hand. When I reached the front of the school I stopped and chatted to the aboriginal perfomer who needed some help to put his digeridoos in his car. I put one of my bags down and picked up a digeridoo and an emu caller. We walked out along the path and to his car, then I realised I had dropped my key. I was in such a panic. Myself and three other teachers searched and searched the front of the school but we could not find it. I was wishing I had handed it straight in to the office. I said a desperate prayer to St Anthony and the Angels and walked back to where my bag was to start looking again. There I found the key sitting vertical up against a seam on the outside of the bag. I have no idea how I dropped it like that - it looked like it had been placed there so carefully. I was overjoyed to find it and handed it in straight away, am thanking my lucky stars I did not have to confess up about my clumsy mistake - I can only imagine how cross the Principal would have been!

I went to dinner at Mum and Dad's last night and Mum cooked us a baked dinner and chocolate pudding. It was the best! This morning when I woke up the first thought I had in my mind was that I was free! I have finished school and I dont have anything I have to do! It was a great feeling. I am still sick with my hanging-on cold, so I had an easy day today...make some pumpkin soup for lunch and did a little blogging and card-making etc.

My plans for next term (for those who have been interested) is to do a bit of casual teaching at a few schools around our area. That will mean no reports, no programs, and hopefully no worries! Just turn up, work through the day (deal with behaviour problems) and go home and be finished with it. Thats the plan anyway...I will see how it all plays out. But for now, its holidays for two weeks!

Thanks for your kind words of support that has helped me get through the three-day countdown...I hope you have a lovely weekend with lots of time to craft!

Take care,

13 comments:

Leigh said...

I like your Forever Friends cards Alicia. Pleased you made through the last day and enjoy your two weeks off.

mckinkle said...

What a beautiful set of cards, your colouring is sublime, I wish I could do such perfect shading!

I love the chunky grosgrain ribbon it really makes it edgy. Just perfect!

Had to say what pretty white roses you show below, cant believe you are in your winter and still manage to get such beautiful blooms!

Oh I can understand your relief at being free from the chains of a school contract, my eldest has resigned, with no job as yet to go into she leaves in a couple of weeks but is now a changed girl. They took her in, raised her up then left her to struggle with no conscience. She is leaving teaching now, which is sad but I hope she will find her true path (seems to be going towards child social work).

Enjoy your break and more importantly enjoy what the future may bring!

Keryn x

ps. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Ahhh love the cards they are brilliant and what a great idea to have a few on hand!
Gosh I hate loosing keys (do it frequently Though!!!)
Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

Carol Dee said...

First, I LOVE the cards. Really sweet.
Second, so glad you are finished with your miserable contract!
Third, Enjoy your holiday.
And last....I will tell you my lost key story...About 2 weeks ago I ran home to do a few things then return to where my husband was working. when I headed out again I could not find my car key (WhichI was certain was in my bag.)I emptied it out, found loss breath mint, used tissue and coins. Shook it upside down. NO KEYS! I went back in the house and got the spare.When we returned home both of use looked high and low for the keys. In cabinets, refrigerator, freezer, laundry and even dug throught the trash twice. (Yuck) Still no key.
I was upset... So I finally went to bed worried about how to get an electronic key replaced. After all, we must have a spare. In the morning my husband sticks his hand in my purse runs it under the center compartment and pulls out the KEYS... *Are you looking for these!* I swore he wa playing a not so funny trick on me. Oh Well at least we found them. So glad yours turned up too, Still it is a bad feeling to have them hide like that. LOL
Relax and get all over that cold so you can truly enjoy the holiay.
Hugs...

Loz said...

Ooh, these cards are gorgeous Alicia! I love the colour combo, so sweet!
I can't believe you nearly lost the key on your last day lol!! Hope you can chuckle about it now! All the best for next term ♥

Hanna said...

Oh, this is so cute! Love your gorgeous cards, Alicia, soooo beautiful! WOW, WOW, and WOW!
Love the image and your colouring is just so sweet. The colours are fab and you've added so many lovely details. :o)

Lots of hugs & love,
Hanna

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful cards Alicia with those gorgeous colours and pretty doily to set off the cute image. Good luck with your next phase of teaching - we all need a break from it at times and that's exactly what I am doing too. I know the feeling.
Thanks for sharing your cards with us at MAWTT this week.
Luv Brenda xxx

Cheryl said...

WOW these are absolutely gorgeous and coloured perfectly.......love that colour combo!!! Enjoy your holidays!!
xx

Chelsea said...

Hi Alicia,
Too funny about your keys, glad it was there all this time. :)
These cards are so cute! Love the way you have colored them.
Have a great day.
Luv,
Chelsea

stephanne said...

Well, you couldn't leave without one last stress-inducing event, now that just wouldn't have been right!! I am glad you found that key, I have actually had the same thing happen, slid right into the front outer pocket of my purse, never would have thought to look there!! I am glad you are a free agent, I hope that being sort of a free agent will bring back the joy for you :) Oh, and since I am awaffling here, I might as well add that I was able to link over here from the blog link that goes in my inbox this time, lol. Now onto these fuzzy wuzzy bears, HOW CUTE!!! I love the paper that you picked and the ribbon and bow are just the right touch to your wonderfully coloured images, makes me want to find someone to hug!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Kerrie said...

Hi Alicia, these cards are just gorgeous, I've put mine on display, you colouring is fantastic... you really have mastered the copics, have a lovely break, and enjoy your craftting time... I've not done anything for a while, but must get back into it... Have you been watching Rescue Special Ops, if so what do you think.... I can take criticism...

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

These are stunning, my favourite little bear lol
Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week!
hugs shell xx

thread-bare said...

Thanks for joining in with my last challenge at MAWTT xx Clare x