Friday, August 6, 2010

Guest DT Card for Raise the Bar

Hello Blogging Buddies,
It is Friday! Yay!  Last week I was in the Top 3 for Raise the Bar and that means that this week I get to be a Guest Designer! So much fun!  Their challenge for this week is:

"Pearly Whites"

I had a lot of fun making my card.  I havent made a lot of white cards in the past.  I always love it when people emboss white card so I did a bit of that...incorporated some pearls, soft white ribbon, a pearl button and some silver touches to give some contrast to the card.  The two little hat pins had a pearl at the end of each, but I threaded on some more pearl beads and clear ones to fill up the stick part of the pin.  The leaf is a SU die cut and the hearts are a SU punch.  The card is Whisper White and the silver is from the Metallics pack from SU.

I thought this would make a nice wedding or engagement card.  Why dont you pop on over to Raise The Bar and enter a card.


The next few days are going to be pretty busy for me.  We are visiting friends this weekend and then I go to work for two days on Monday and Tuesday.  I will try to pop in and blog a little, but I will see how I go.  I would like to wish you all a lovely weekend.  The sun is out here...I think I can feel that warm weather coming!!!

11 comments:

Loz said...

Ooh, very elegant! Love the white and silver and those gorgeous pins!
Have a great time this weekend, hope the weather is lovely - hope you didn't jinx yourself with the mention of warm weather! We're heading for a max top of 8 degress on Monday... think Queensland is looking good for a holiday spot! Have fun ♥

Annette Bowes said...

Simply elegant Alicia, gorgeous ribbon and bow, have a wonderful busy weekend, take careX:)

Jessie said...

It's so elegant Alicia, love it!

Merry said...

Congrats on the Top Three and this card is just beautiful.

Carol Dee said...

Ohhhh pretty. I always love the white on white cards for weddings. (Well you saw my wedding cards!) Warmer weather already! You have SHORT winters there :) Have a nice weekend. Hugs...

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS,such beautiful details!!!
xx

chris said...

Hi Alicia this is bloomin lovely, its positively
gorgeous.
hugs chris xx

stephanne said...

This is beautiful, the white on white is beyond stunning and I love the pearly pins that you've added to that fabulous bow!! It's gorgeous!! I want to make white cards but I end up turning them brown!!
hugs, stephanne

mckinkle said...

Stunning card Alicia!

I love the white on white it is so elegant especially for love related cards!

Well done you also for your DCD placing! Very well deserved Alicia!

Hope you have a fab weekend!

Keryn x

Leigh said...

Stunning!!!! I love the whites and the simplicity of your sketch Alicia.

Kerrie said...

Congratulations! ... beautiful card....