Monday, August 30, 2010

Some Masculine Cards

  
Life has been busy...we had a busy weekend...sometimes time just seems to fly on by...I dont know where it goes half the time!  I spent a few hours in the garden on Sunday.  I have been working on my front garden planting those 19 Nandinas and mulching and weeding etc etc.  Only half the garden is done so still another half to do...it is turning out really nice though and is a huge improvement on what is was when we moved in here in January.  I will post some pics of it soon.  Tonight I have some cards to share.  I needed some male cards on hand...for those male birthdays that pop up.  I hardly make male cards so I made six of these for my stash.  For the card below I made three that are exactly the same so I only took one photo of those.
I used papers from DCWV Alphabet Stack.  This has been my most used DCWV paper pack of all.  There isnt much left of it.  I love silver, black and white together.  I kept the cards clean and simple in style and used my silver gel pen on some for the stitching and just a black SU marker on the others.  The stamping I kept very simple - black ink on whisper white card.
I would like to play along with:
Totally Paper Crafts - Keep it Plain and Simple

I am working towards having a stall at the markets in December so am aiming to get a big stash of cards ready for that.  I have about 60 cards at the moment in my stash...so getting there.  How many cards do people make for market stalls?  I guess about 200 would be a nice collection.  I would be interested in what you think....

Am at work for four days this week so busy, busy, busy...will be hoping to catch up on all my commenting over the next few nights.  Hope your week has started off well...we have had three machines play up in the last couple of days...our ride on lawnmower, our pump (for water to the house) and now our washing machine.  I am so glad we have reached that number three and now hopefully things will start working again...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

12 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Wondeful Masculine cards. I like the black, white, silver combo, too. Always appropriate. (sp?) Awk.... I just hate it when mechanical things go haywire. Tries my patience. Better luck now. Enjoy the work this week. (It sounds like you enjoy this school more) Hugs...

Joey said...

Hi Alicia

these are all fantastic cards and great male colours, thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

Merry said...

These are wonderful cards Alicia...I agree the papers are beautiful.

A Consuming Passion said...

Why is it male cards are so hard to design!!! You've made it look easy with these they're perfect.

Cheryl said...

Fabulous male cards......love those papers as well!!!
xx

Annette Bowes said...

Wonderful male cards Alicia, love your papers and colour combo, just perfect. Sunday must have been a day for the garden lol as that was where we were too! Hope you have had your three electrical problems, fingers are crossed. Take CareX:)

Mel said...

Hi Alicia
Wow wow wow! These are just fab, perfect for those males who are so hard to make for!
I've been looking through your wee blog and your cards and stuff are brill! Your colouring is just super!
Cant wait to work along wth you on The Craft Garden!
Hugs melly xxx

Anonymous said...

beutiful cards, love the black and white! I now, im wondering about that too...where does the time fly? Im feeling like 20 but when i look in the mirror it reminds me im going on 40 lol!!

LINDA said...

Such beautiful cards.. Love them all very lovely work..
Hugs, Linda

Emma said...

All fabulous cards and perfect for any male.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk
http://ceschallenges.blogspot.com

KarenB said...

Your cards are lovely Alicia! I have trouble with cards for males, I always seem to be at a loss for ideas. Those colours are perfect!

Kerrie said...

Those masculine cards are divine!.... If you make two hundred cards, you won't come back with one, as they are all just beautiful... great way to get rid of them....