Monday, September 27, 2010

For a Boy addicted to Buzz...


 Hi Blogging Buddies,
It is my nephew Ryan's 3rd birthday today.  We are going to his party later tonight.  My job was to make a Buzz Lightyear cake...but have you seen how tricky they are?  Spotlight had sold out of all the edible picture transfers and after googling different cakes and seeing how complex it would be to pipe on an image I did the next best thing and rang the cake shop.  For $60 they will make one for me.

I decided a card would be more up my alley so I found this image in google images and set about colouring it with Copics.  I copied all the colours exactly.  I decided to keep the card very plain because I dont think Ryan really likes ribbons, buttons or fancy bits and pieces, all he really wants to see is Buzz and his name on the card.  Well thats what I figured anyway.  I used cardstock to match Buzz's colours.

I would like to enter Buzz in two challenges:

Mad for Markers - Colour in a Digital Image with Copics
The Play Date Cafe - Colour Challenge Purple, Green and Silver/Grey




Thanks so much for popping over and visiting my blog.  I really appreciate your comments.


18 comments:

Loz said...

I think Aunty Alicia's card is going to be the FAVOURITE!! He'll love this - what little boy wouldn't. Great colouring, love the little stars. Make sure you share a pic of the cake, I wanna looksy!
Have fun at the birthday party! ♥

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia

Wow, this is brilliant, I know my boys would flip for this.
I'm with you on the whole cake thing, a lot of time and stress to make and it would be gobbled up in five seconds flat. Atleast the card he will keep.

Michelle :-)

Suzanne C said...

Great idea to use the colors for Buzz. I thought of a spaceship when I first saw the colors.

Lisa Somerville said...

Too cute, I'm sure your nephew will love it! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Kerrie said...

Fantastic.... Ryan is just going to love his buzz card ... I can see why your ordered a cake, way to go for sixty buck!

Leigh said...

Excellent card for a Buzz fan Alicia. I'd do the same thing, ring the Bakery. lol

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Ohh this is super!! Thanks for joining us at 'Mad for Markers'.
hugs
Sue x

Monica said...

This is gorgeous as always, Alicia!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave sweet words- it is such a pleasure to see you visited!
Monica x.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a cute card--I know Ryan will LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe:)

Carol Dee said...

Oooo he is so going to LOVE this! hugs...

Annette Bowes said...

Buzzlicious Alicia, Ryan is going to loooove this card! Amazing colouring love the star embellishment
Thank you for joining us in our Copic Colouring a Digi Image Challenge over at Mad for Markers, hope you will join us next time, have a great weekend, take careX:)

Fran said...

Oh, my boys would love this card, they call Buzz 'zzz' it's adorable, they just picked it up on their own. Your copic colouring is amazing, I love your shadowing on the white parts!

Ruby said...

What a perfect card for our colour story this week! He will love it! Glad you could join in with us at the PDCC this week!

Deirdre said...

So fun, love your card.

Julie Ranae said...

What a unique entry for this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe....it's so great to have you with us!

Emma said...

This is Fantastic Alicia! You have done an AWESOME job with BUzz! I bet your nephew loved it! Thanks so much for joining us over at Mad For Markers and entering our DT call!

Sammi said...

wow! This is AMAZING! You are so clever!
Thanks for joining in our Colouring a digi challenge at Mad for Markers!
Sammi
xx
PS sorry for the time it's taken me to get here and comment!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh this is great. Wonderful job with it. Great coloring. Thanks for joining the challenge at Mad for Markers.
mwah
Trace