Thursday, October 14, 2010

Paper Play DT Card - Cupcakes Inspiration


 Hi Blogging Buddies,

My appologies for being "missing in action" this week.  Where has the week gone?  I worked two days, babysat my 2 year old neice Molly today and have been working on two very large card orders...I have been staying up very, very late and havent blogged for a few days.

Today is Thursday which means it is PaperPlay Day and this time it was my turn to set the challenge.  I went for a photo inspiration.  I do love cupackes and I had this cute little Meljen image I was keen to use.  So I picked these colourful cupcakes for a little inspiration this week.



I followed the colours as close as I could and went for pastel colours.  I coloured with Copics and here are the colours I used:
B02, BG01, B00, Y06, Y08, Y17, YG41, YG06, G14, RV06, RV04, RV13
The papers were all scraps of this and that.  I added some little gems and some kindy-glitz for sparkle.  I drew on some faux stitching with a silver gel pen and added some pink organza and pink gingham ribbon.


I would like to play along with the following challenges:

Digital Tuesday - Sew Special
Papertake Weekly - 3 of a kind (3 Cupcakes)
Fab'n'Funky - Yummy, Yummy, Yummy

Don't forget to pop on over to Paper Play and link up your cupcake inspired project.
Thanks for visiting me.


14 comments:

Deirdre said...

Alicia, love the challenge you set and adore your card - just beautiful.

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia

I love a good cupcake and three is even better!! Your card is so pretty. I love the layout and the colours are gorgeous.

Michelle :-)

Carol Dee said...

YUMMY cupcakes. LOVE those colors. Fun card. Hugs...

paulssandy said...

Oh oh oh, I love your card. Everything about it is perfect.

Thank you for joining us this week at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Lindsey said...

Oh very yummy. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Sandie said...

Wonderuful!! Love the colours and the image is great.

Merry said...

Beautiful card....lovely colours and wonderful papers. I like the two words that stand out at the top of your card. 'Chocolate' 'Yummy' .... I agree

Kerrie said...

Wow, what a great sweet yummie card....

Leigh said...

I love your card Alicia. Wonderful colours.

Maria Matter said...

oh this is fabulous Alicia! love these colors and your design!!!
Thank you for joining in @ Digital Tuesday this week!
Blessings!

Cheryl said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the pretty colours and fabulous papers!! A brilliant take on the challenge......your card looks very similar to the photo!!
xx

Paul said...

Love the colours. I enjoyed creating my yummy inspired card so thought I'd have a look at all the othere YUMMY, YUMMY goodness. Thanks for the link and letting me come and visit.
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Jeannie said...

Terrific card this week and a perfect match for this weeks photo challenge!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Suzanne said...

A gorgeous card. Love the image, papers, ribbon - all of it. Thanks for joining us ta fab nfunky this week x