Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Whats on your Work Desk Wednesday


Good evening blogging buddies,
This is my first ever time in participating in Whats on your Work Desk Wednesday, but seeing I am on holidays I thought why not? I would love to play along.

My desk is always pretty messy. I am a pretty messy worker. I tend to clean up at the end of a project not during one. On my desk tonight is a set of cards I am half-way through. They are wedding cards and I thought I would do some paper piecing. You can see in the photo below the bride and groom's tiny little outfits. It is kind of like playing paper dolls.
Now for a little description on my desk...
The three sets of drawers in the middle of my desk with the coloured handles are new...only about $8 from Bunnings...and they have helped me stay a little more organised. Next to the drawers in the magazine holder is all my paper scraps in plastic sleeves according to colour and plain or patterned paper. Across a bit from that is the green drawers that holds all my A4 card and on top of that some boxes holding envelopes and finished cards. To the left of the three coloured drawers is my Copic Markers collection and ink pads. You can half see a Magnolia Magazine on an easel near the lamp and the handle of the Cuttlebug. Everything else looks like it needs a bit of a clean-up!

16 comments:

Carol Dee said...

You are better organized than I am. Everything at your finger tips. I have a large room and stuff is ALL over. I have to get up and go search for things I forgot to bring to the worktable when I started. Those are going to be CUTE wedding cards. hugs...

Diane said...

Welcome to WOYWW Alicia. Love the wedding cards they are so cute!
Diane 67

Sue said...

Hi Alicia
welcome to th fun, enjoy your snoop,
lovely creative desk, fab images,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (2)

Helen said...

Love your desk, and the wedding cards look great.

Sew This N That said...

oh you mean paper piecing! I was looking for the little holes lol :)
Great work babe, they will be beautiful when you've finished the cards :)
*hugs* Heather x (99)

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous wedding cards! You'll love WOYWW, such a friendly group of people. enjoy your hols

Scrapcollectr said...

Lots of great organized areas! I wish my scraps fit so nicely in a file, but I'm a scrapcollectr...and it's been awhile... TFS
=D
Linky #112

Sarah said...

I think you are looking very neat and organised down under...Welcome to WOYWW - great little wedding cards coming along. come again soon,


sasa 18

Daniele said...

neat and organised and a little production line going on as well thanks for the peek
hugs

Zue said...

Dressing up wedding dolls....how fab....what an incredible idea.
sue xx 88

Sherry said...

Welcome to WOYWW - it's only my third week and it's so addictive!

Your desk looks lovely and organised and what could be better than playing dress up with wedding dolls! They're looking good!

Sherry (117)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Alicia! I think I would have gone cross eyed trying to piece all those images!

Hugs
Brenda 105

Julia Dunnit said...

Welcome to WOYWW Alicia! If you think your desk needs a clean up you may want to shield your eyes as you select a few other desks to visit!Aren't those draw handles the most cheerful things - gotta love that on your desk. And you're very scrap organised too - am guessing that you and I have very different dictionary definitions for 'clan' and messy' and 'organised'!!

Sarah Youde said...

Your desk looks lovely and organised to me :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Welcome to WOYWW, Alicia. It's great that you joined us. It is addictive, too. Those drawers are wonderful. I wish we had something similar in the States. I love paper dolls. They are so much fun and I really like how the paper piecing looks on the completed card. I'm #1.

Creative Boutique said...

snap! we're a newbie too! Hope you've had fun looking at everyones blogs this week - I certainly have. Great wedding cards as well,

See you for the next WOYWW,

Claire
#78
http://www.your-creativemoments.co.uk/blog