Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Card for Elise


Hi Blogging Buddies,

I have had a nice easy day today...gotta love them!! I went into town for a couple of quick jobs and then have been home catching up on some washing and card-making. I wanted to share this card today. It is for Elise from Paper Love Affair who has just recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. Cheryl at My Cardmaking Haven has a competition going, asking people to send cards to Elise and be in the running to win some candy from Bizzy Becs.

My Mum is a breast cancer survivor...she first had breast cancer when I was ten and then again when I was seventeen. But she has been cancer free for thirteen years now. It is a horrible time for a family to go through so I really feel for Elise and her family and wish her all the best with her treatment and her road to recovery. While I was making this card it really reminded me how lucky I am to have my Mum still with me and how I mustn't forget to appreciate her.


I used some digi images from Pollycraft and layered them on pink card and pink Designer paper. I used some lace and ribbon, silver thread, silver leaves, a big pink flower and some silver crystals.

I thought I would enter this card in a few challenges:

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Relish to Embellish
Paper Romance - Everything but the Kitchen Sink
Our Creative Corner - An Attitude of Gratitude
My Cardmaking Haven - A Card Drive for Elise



I'm off to make dinner now before we head in and watch a movie...hopfully something light-hearted and funny...just what I need.
Have a lovely Saturday night and thanks for stopping by my blog.



5 comments:

Carol Dee said...

A beautiful card to relay your love, support and well wishes to Elise. My heart goes out to her. I am so gladt o hear your Mom is a survivor, TWICE. What a lovely strong woman she must be. Lucky you ! Big Hugs...

Korin said...

Hi Alicia! Your card is beautiful! In fact, I love it so much, I featured it in our Sweet Stop post today: http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.com/2010/11/sss81-november-6-2010.html

Please email me for your "Featured on the Sweet Stop" badge :) and thanks for playing along!

Korin
korin@sweetnsassystamps.com

Julie M said...

What a beautiful card, Alicia - stunning layering and depth, and for such a good cause too. I'm so glad your Mum is still with you, and after two bouts of cancer too, that is amazing.

Julie x

Cheryl said...

WOW Alicia,this is GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for making this card for Elise,it will certainly brighten her day!!
xx

Elise said...

Hi Alicia!!! I rec'd your BEAUTIFUL card in the mail today and omgosh!!! This really touched me .. and thank you so much for sharing your story about your mom!!! I appreciate you taking the time to make this STUNNING creation with so much meaning in it! :) I'll treasure this always. :) I am SO happy to hear that your mom is a strong survivor! Woot woot! That's awesome!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise