Monday, November 8, 2010

My First Digital Scrapbooking Pages - Be Kind!


Hi Blogging Buddies,

I was up super early this morning - like 4am, because I didn't sleep very well with this cold and all I could dream about was Scrapbook Layouts!! It wasn't a very relaxing dream...and it coincided with me being either too hot or too cold all night!! I think the layers of the scrapbook layout were represented by the quilt covers on my bed LOL!

After my post yesterday - or should I say my call for help! I got some very kind replies with suggestions about my scrapbooking dilemma. Thank you so much to Wendy, Karen and Kerrie for your suggestions. We have decided to buy a new printer...not sure which one yet! We have been saying that we will get one for awhile now, but your comments were great motivation. I also downloaded a free program from here http://www.serif.com/digital-scrapbooking/ thanks to Wendi's suggestion and played with it for a few hours yesterday. Here are two layouts that I feel are safe to share! I admit...I really didnt have to do much other than choose the photos and put them in...but still...I think this is a good start! I just used some wedding photos because there is a big collection of them and they all match...so it seemed easier to begin with.


Anyway...I figure once we get our new printer I can print these out and make them into an album. We do have a wedding album that cost us a small fortune to get done...but we never look at it...you have to get it out, put on the white gloves and all that...this one I thought could be a more looked at album...that is if I finish it!!

Well...I better get to packing my lunch and getting ready for the day. Hope you have a happy Monday, and thanks for visiting my blog!


13 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Wow Alicia, these are stunning! Beautiful, romantic looking layouts and your wedding photos are fab! I'd never have guessed that this was your first time with digital scrapbooking!

Debra said...

Beautiful page Alicia! TFS

chris said...

Hi Alicia, such amazing photo's cant wait to see some more hint hint!!

Sandra said...

Alica, these pages are so beautiful that I would never say they were your first ones! Wonderful job!! The pics are very charming, also!

xxx

Carol Dee said...

BEAUTIFUL, It will take a good printer to do these justic. Have a good day. hugs...

Heidi said...

Gorgeous dress, and by the look of the laughter and happiness on your faces, it was a most wonderful day, good luck with the album, I am sure from looking at the start that you have made that it will turn out wonderfully. xx

Deirdre said...

Oh wow, Alicia, these are stunning. Just love the LO.... beautiful.

Jessie said...

Wow Alicia! They are beautiful!!

Loz said...

wow, you look stunning and no different to your profile picture! I've NEVER done any scrapbooking - but I think these are great!! I love the simplicity of them, can't wait to see more! ♥

karenw said...

Perfect place to start! Love the photos and the pages allow them to be the standout of the page. Yay - can't wait to see more xx

Merry said...

Absolutely beautiful. Hope your cold is getting better.

Kerrie said...

Those layouts are beautiful, look forward to seeing more!

Wendi said...

Wow beautiful pages and pictures and I'm so glad I could help
now you wont be able to stop
Wendi