Sunday, January 2, 2011

A 60th New Year B'day card and a few pics....


Hi Blogging Beauties,

I have a male card to share today.
I made this for my Father-In-Law. It was his 60th Birthday on New Year's Day, but we celebrated the party New Year's Eve. He loves fishing so I made him another fishing card. Went for the distressed, dirty look.



I found a cute little fishy charm to add on to the hemp twine.

I thought I would enter it in...

Totally Gorgeous - For Someone Special
Bee Crafty - Happy New Year
Crazy 4 Challenges - Celebrate Something

Here is a picture of my Father-in-Law with my nephews on New Year's Eve.




And here is a picture from our window of a baby deer and its Mummy.
Our deer have babies at Christmas time, but they are very protective of their little ones and dont like you getting too close.


Click here to see the 60th Birthday card I made for Ben's Mum. 

Thanks for stopping by,

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Sheep, chooks and deer! My son Luke and I would like to come and live at your house, lol!

Your FIL's card is brilliant, love that fishy charm. The distressing is so well done too.

Michelle :-)

Amanda said...

Love the card and I'm sure your father in law will too. You are so lucky to get visits from all the beautiful animals. x Amanda

Mary J said...

How wonderful, Alicia! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Great to see you at the Totally Gorjuss challenge and hope to see your creativity at our next one!

Carol Dee said...

I love today's post. That is a perfect 60th birthday card for a fisherman. Great photo (We see where your hubby gets his good looks!!!) Sweet photo of Mommy deer and fawn. Hugs...

mckinkle said...

Wow what a great card Alicia, it is just stunning and Im sure your FIL will treasure it! Sure looks like he had a great time at his party!

Tis hard to see photos of people with t-shirts on when its sub zero here!!

Happy New Year to you and yours!
Keryn x

Loz said...

wasn't sure if I commented on this the other day or not! Love the image, and that fishy charm, great card for an older male!
Love the photo of your deer.. how cute! ♥

Kat said...

What a great male card. Ideal for your FIL. Love that fishy charm too. Thanks for joining us at TG.

Kat x