Monday, January 3, 2011

A quick little post...


Hi Blogging Beauties,

I was making some Clean and Simple cards for a challenge coming up and created these two cards...but didnt think they were "clean and simple" enough for a DT card...so am posting them tonight instead.

Also I wanted to share this cute little cherub statue Mum and Dad got me for Christmas. This little rock garden has just been recently planted with Japanese Box and a little ground cover with a purple flower (I forget the name). I think it will look nice when the plants are a bit more established...but wanted to share anyway.


Also, I have some sad news...we found our pet lamb Jack lying dead yesterday in the paddock. We are devastated...we dont know what he died of. It could have been a snake bite, or Pulped Kidney, or maybe he choked on something. Poor Jesse is all alone now. I know that is life on a farm and animals die, but it still makes me really sad. We are probably going to have to get a goat we think because we have so much long grass and thistles that need to be eaten and poor Jesse wont be able to keep it all down by herself. At the moment it is a great snake haven and I nearly trod on one snake and the other day Ben found a snake's skin.
I will let you know what happens.



11 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia

Oh no, poor Jack. That is so sad :-(.

A new friend for Jessie sounds like a good idea though with those nasty snakes about.

Your cards are really pretty, love the embossing and the little posies look really sweet.

Michelle :-)

Carol Dee said...

So Pretty. I like the sweet cards today.
The yard is looking really good. Love the statue from your folks. ( I think you might have plant a vinca vine ground cover.)
So sorry to hear about Jessie. And snakes give me the creeps. We have non-poisonus ones mostly. But they still can give a scare. Yes they are good at keeping the mice and other rodents in check but I HATE finding them or the shed skins INSIDE my camper when we park it at our lot!
Sending lots of love and big hugs...

LINDA said...

Such a beautiful card..Love it.. Hugs, Linda

Amanda said...

Hi Alicia,
Sorry about your little lamb. Pets are so hard to loose. People think it weird that we get upset over their deaths but they don't realise that they become part of your family.
Amanda

Loz said...

they're really pretty cards Alicia, love the simple design.
Too bad about Jack, unfortuantely it is snake season, my friend had a red belly black snake under the bbq at her house in town, they're the best to have though.. cause they eat the tigers! And I hate tiger snakes!
love the new signature ♥

chris said...

Hi Alicia, what a pair of beauties sorry to hear about your lamb, I dont know how you cope with snakes.
hugs chris xx

Amanda said...

Too sad Alicia, sending you a big hug, stupid snakes. Your cards are very fresh and pretty. xAmanda

Lucinda said...

Alicia I am so sorry to hear about little Jack!

Leigh said...

Oh I'm so sorry Alicia. Poor Jack. Pretty cards. Love the garden.

Shirley-Anne said...

Sad about your little lamb . On a happier note , love your cards . Like the embossed topnote and ribbon .

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Alicia so sorry to hear about poor Jack! Don't like the sound of those snakes!! I think you could have your hands full with a goat lol! Beautiful cards as always, take careX:)