Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mad For Markers - DT - Crazy Hair


Hi Blogging Beauties,

I got called in to work today (and probably for the rest of the week) so after about 10 weeks of holidays it is a bit of a shock to the system! I wasn't expecting any work until next week...otherwise I would have been smart enough to get ahead with some of my DT work...nevermind...my house is sparkling at least!


Here is my DT card for Mad for Markers.  The current challenge is Crazy Hair.  I think this is an awesome challenge - so much fun to colour!!  I chose blue and green to play with today and coloured in this Kenny K image.  I have seen her around and loved her...but this is my first go at colouring her in.

I kept the card very plain and simple...you can decide for yourself if you like it...or is it too simple?? Ben is a big fan of clean and simple so he loves it...me on the other hand...I wonder if it is missing something??  Oh well, not enough time to play and see.  I have to appologise for the not-so-good night-time photos...but there has been a lot going on today and this is as good as I can manage tonight.

She was coloured with:
Skin: E21, E00, R20
Blues: B05. BG05. BG01. BG10
White: C-1
Greens: YG06, YG41, BG23, G02
Lips: R59, R27, R85

I added heaps of glitter...wanted her to be shiny and glittery, plus it helped distinguish the colours..hair from dress etc.  I love her pretty eyes!


Well I'm off to bed...its extremely late and I probably have a big day ahead of me tomorrow.
Will catch up on comments hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks for dropping in to see me and take care.

10 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Clean and Simple work great with these images. Lets them really stand out on their own. WOW. Have a good day in the classroom. Hugs...

Beccy said...

Love the choice Alicia, shame about having to go to work though.

Patsi said...

wow this is fabulous I love the colours and the glitter. Kenny K images are the cutest! xx

Merry said...

Brilliant card...love the colours and the hair looks terrific especially with that touch of colour. Have fun at work. :-)

Debra said...

WOW. This is stunning! I love the glitter TFS

Liz Weber said...

Ooh la la Alicia your card is so pretty. LOVE that gorgeous image, love the colour scheme and love the design of the card. Hope you are having a great week!

Sandie said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colours and all the glitter. Sorry about work, such a downer after all those holidays ;)

Sammi said...

This is stunning.. LOVE those colours!
Love the sparkle!
I love the CAS look too!!
Sammi
xx

Amanda said...

Love it Alicia, the colouring in is awesome x Amanda

Kerrie said...

Hi Alicia, this is gorgeous, love your colouring, is perfect!