Friday, February 4, 2011

Two Quick Cards and an Announcement...


Hi Blogging Beauties,

It is boiling hot today...even with the air con on! They say a cool change is on its way...sounds good to me! Crazy to think on the other side of the world the snow storms and blizzards are extreme! Glad to know you are all keeping safe over there! (Especially you, Carol.)


I have two quick birthday cards I whipped up today for my two cousins Clare and Bek. They both live in sunny Qld so I always try to make them nice, bright cards. I used Kaisercraft Funfair papers - bright and colourful. I decorated the insides as well. The felt flowers I bought at Spotlight they are by American Crafts.


And now for the announcement...

Suzanne asked me awhile back if I would like to be on the Design Team for Let's Ink it Up...and of course I said Yes! My first challenge begins in March...so its a little wait until then. Hop on over and become a follower...this is a very "arty" challenge site...I hope I am up to it!

We are taking my Grandparents to the raffles and dinner at the Leagues Club tonight...air conditioning and a lamb roast...yum yum! Hope you have a lovely weekend planned.
Thanks for visiting!


P.S A big hello to Patsi. Thank you for your lovely comments. Do you have a blog? Your profile is not showing up to me...I have tried to return the favour : )


7 comments:

karenw said...

Congrats on the new Dt spot - can't wait to se what you come with! Did you get the late storms that the rest of the east coast is getting? Absolutely poured here, so odd fr this time of the year.

Hope your meal with air con went well ;)

xx

Carol Dee said...

There are some very smart people at *Let's Ink It UP* 'Cause they asked you to be on the team. CONGRATULATIONS. :)
We are digging out and return to work today. Can spring really be a few weeks away? I sure hope so.
Not like I do HOT weather any better! Hope it cools some for you soon.
Love today's BRIGHT cards. Cheery like you.
Big Hugs....

Deirdre said...

Alicia, adore your card. Am loving those felt flowers. Have a great weekend and congrats on the new "job".

Brenda Brown said...

Alicia, gorgeous cards, just right for your hot weather. It's cold, grey and very windy here in the UK, we are sooooo looking forward to spring and some warmer, sunny days.
Looking forward to being in the LIIU team with you and hey girl you are definitely gonna be good with all your fabulous creations.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Loz said...

My body is starting to shut down it's so overheated! I hope your cool change came through, we've had storms all night and a heap of rain but the house is just so damp still!
Love the bright cards! They do remind me of Qld.. at times of good weather of course. Have a great wkd and congrats on the DT ♥

Cheryl said...

Wonderful, cheery cards! I love the felt flowers you used.

I am one of the ones that is getting hit with blizzards. I'll send you some snow, if you send me some sun. :)

Kerrie said...

Two gorgeous cards... congratulations on your DT, have a great evening, humm roast lamb yum yum...