Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mad For Markers ~ DT ~ I Love you Cowboy, Thank you for the Ride



Hi Blogging Beauties,

I have a cowboy card today.
I dont know if you have ever heard of the song
"Thank the Cowboy for the Ride" by Chris LeDoux?
I like this song. It kept going around and around in my head while I made this card.
I think this card would be perfect for a cowboy.


I couldn't find that song on utube (sung by Chris).
But I did find another song by an Aussie Country Music singer - Lee Kernaghan.

Unfortunately though (as far as I am aware and I may be proven wrong on this) Lee doesn't live in the bush anymore, he lives in Sanctuary Cove on the Gold Coast and there is even a street named after him. He used to live there when we were on the Goldie, so unless he has moved I think he is still there. I have this fantasy of Country Music singers really being "proper" bush cowboys, but maybe it is too hard to be a recorded artist and live the authentic bush life they sing about....(I also dont know that the girls out west dress like the girls in this clip...sun protection would be more of a priority I would have thought LOL!)

You might want to have a listen...


The image is from Meljen's Designs and I coloured it with the following colours:

E47, E37, E35, E33, E31
Outline W-1

You still have eleven days left to enter our Mad for Marker's Brown, Male cards Challenge.
Not many entries at this stage so the chance of winning the stamp prize is looking pretty good!

Thanks for looking at my card.

Alicia xx

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Thanks for the little bit o-country~ Gotta love a good country ballad/song. Love the boot. I have that in my stash. A good one for the wanna be cowboys in the family. Hugs....

Michelle said...

Fabuous card for a budding cowboy Alicia.

Thanks for the song too, enjoyed it!

Michelle :-)

Annette Bowes said...

Perfect card for a cowboy Alicia!! Now never heard of the song, but do like country, so had a listen, liked the lyrics, but a Dolly Parton at heart, now I am showing my age and the girls will a little like Daisy Duke lol, (now I am just jealous!) Take CareX:)

Merry said...

Fantastic card Alicia....very male.Great song...can't say I have heard it before.