Thursday, March 10, 2011

Southern Girls DT ~ Flowers


Good Morning Blogging Beauties,

Today is the start of a new challenge at Southern Girls and it is "Flowers".
I think we might get hundreds of entries for this one...everyone loves to add flowers to their cards!  

Last night I went to my first class for Floristry and I made this table arrangement.  We get to bring it home and keep it, so that is pretty cool!  Unfortunately we didnt get to choose our flowers...so I did the best with what I was given.  I really enjoyed it.  I am keen to have another go! I love flowers and it was so much fun trying to learn how to arrange them.


This is the card I have made for the challenge.  It was a special request from one of the TAFE ladies who are buying my cards.  For a lady to give to her sister on her 40th Birthday.
My first attempt for this challenge I tried to make a card covered in flowers but it turned out looking pretty awful! I realised that I dont use flowers on my cards as much as I used to and I think I might be out of practice.  This card was my second attempt.  I decorated the inside as well.


So, why not play along this fortnight at Southern Girls and link up your cards with flowers on it!
Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by.
Alicia xx

8 comments:

Julie said...

Fantastic Alicia,you've obviously got the knack,take it from someone who used to manage several florist shops,I can see the potential! Have a good day,Julie.x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Alicia and love your flower arrangement too....I hope you continue to enjoy the lessons.

Carol Dee said...

Lovely floral arrangement. Pretty card. I am sure it is just what she wanted. Enjoy your day, hugs...

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia
So glad you enjoyed your first floral arrangement class. Your table arrangement looks terrific.
Beautiful card too. Love the colour combo and the layering and texture you have created looks awesome.
Michelle :-)

Leigh said...

Oh Alicia, what a stunning floral arrangement. It's beautiful. I also love the card you've made. Gorgeous background paper with the dragonfly on it and all the embellishments you've used.

Loz said...

oh, your card is stunning Alicia! I love the black and, teal? Gorgeous together!
Great flowers too ♥

Highland Monkey's said...

What a lovely boquet of flowers. Still waiting for them to grow in the garden!

Annette Bowes said...

There is no end to your talents Alicia, gorgeous flower arrangement, you must be so pleased! I think your card is beautiful, love the butterfly DP and flowers, take careX:)