Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Wintery Weekend


Hi Blogging Beauties,

Well is has been freezing here this weekend.  I dont think temps have risen above 10 degrees celsius (50 degrees farenheit) all weekend.  I think the lowest temp has been minus 6.  We have been trying to keep warm but on Saturday we were outside nearly all day.  Saturday morning we went to the markets and sold cards.  Then we went and visited some relatives and then went and watched some friends play hockey until about 5pm brrrrrrr!!!
Today we went to Mum and Dad's for a family lunch and their house was so warm because they had the kitchen and lounge room fire going.
 I thought I would share a couple of cards I made for Ben's mum.  She wanted a sympathy card.  I made two and the other one sold at the markets.


I stitched around the edges in white cotton but you can barely see it in the photos.
The sentiment is a SU stamp and I used Vintage Photo ink.
I think they looked nicer IRL as most cards do.

We watched Tangled last night.
Have you seen this movie?
It is so beautiful...the colours, the forest, the animation, the characters...amazing!!
I would love to live in a Disney movie like this one...so beautiful!


Well, I hope you had a lovely weekend.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
I appreciate your friendship.

Alicia xx

9 comments:

Carol Dee said...

It is always good to have Sympathy cards on hand Which reminds me, I do not. These are lovely.
50F degrees sounds wonderful!!!! A matter of perspective. Today will be in the mid 90F with high humidity. Ugh... and our winters can be in the single digits F. Brrr.
Dress warm and remember those roasting on the other side of the world! LOL.
Love and Hugs...

Irene said...

Beautiful Sympathy cards Alicia,lovely verse.
Irene x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Alicia such lovely cards. No wonder they are selling like hot cakes!
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Viv said...

I think it must be warmer over here Alicia! We're having warmer than normal temps for winter....

Lovely, elegant cards, so hard to make sympathy cards but these are perfect.

And Tangled? Yep, watched it, loved it and decided the horse is just like our golden retriever!!!!

Merry said...

These are both beautiful cards Alicia.....love the sentiment you have used.

Mary J said...

Great cards Alicia! They are so elegant and contemporary at the same time!

Haven't seen that movie yet but want to - the adverts look so funny!

Rach said...

gorgeous card hun, fab colours and pretty details.. I loved watching Tangled.. hugs rachxx

Claudia said...

WOW - this card is so gorgeous and elegant, ... I've already watched tangled and know exactly what u mean,, it a perfect fairy-tale world, wouldn't mind spending a couple of weeks in one:) got something for u on my blog, hope u like it.
Claudia W.

Kerrie said...

How did I miss these two stunning cards.... just gorgeous Alicia.