Monday, October 3, 2011

Mad for Markers - Favourite Copic Combo



Hi Blogging Beauties,

Today is the start of a new challenge at Mad for Markers.  This fortnight the challenge is to use your favourite Copic Colour Combinations.  We all have our favourites, the ones we reach for time and time again.  This card I made as a special order for a girl who takes ballet class and wants to be a Ballerina when she grows up.  She was turning 13 years old.  I wanted a card that didnt look too "little girly" as a lot of the ballerina images are more for the under ten age group.  So I tried to find an image that was a little more "teenage looking."


I used my favourite Pink Colour Combo consisting of:
RV29, RV23, RV21, RV34 and RV13.
I also used:
E11, E21, E51, R20 for the skin,
and Y38, E31, Y21 and E35 for the hair.

The motivation and inspiration for this card came from one of the gorgeous Iwona Palamountain designs.  This is the original card here:


I just love this card...I think it is beautiful.
Can you see how I copied the sketch and the distressed edges and the colour scheme a little.

We have many more of Iwona's cards for sale at www.aussiecardsforsale.com
if you like them too you can head over and check them out.
Trust me, they are great inspiration!!

I hope to see your entries for this fortnight's challenge at Mad for Markers!
Don't forget to let us know what Copics make up your fave Colour Combo!!

Alicia xx

P.S I am very excited about the Copic Conference this weekend in Sydney!! 
Are you booked in and attending?? 

7 comments:

Bron said...

Hiya, I love this card it is super gorgeous. I love the pink combo too been looking for a brighter pink combo so will have to try this one out. Hugs Bron xo

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You totally rocked the inspiration, chickie! I'm a sucker for dimension and texture and there's plenty on your card. Plus, your colouring is divine! Drool!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Alicia, and you surely nailed the 'not too little girly' image.
Blessings
Maxine

Irene said...

This is just beautiful Alicia, I love it!
Irene xx

Sandra H said...

Just so beautiful:) Sandra H

Jessie said...

It's beautiful Alicia!

Carol Dee said...

Perfect she will love it, the image could not better. Hugs...