Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I hope you had a Merry Christmas...




Hi Blogging Beauties,

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!
Ours was busy!
We went to Ben's family Christmas Eve, stayed the night and had lunch.  Then to my family for Christmas Tea and Boxing Day.
Then the day after that we had a little rest and caught up with some good friends for dinner.  Then today Ben was back at work.  A bit of a whirlwind really!! But lots of fun and lots of present openings.  We are lucky to be a part of a very big and loving family.


One of Ben's presents was a box of nappies which we all thought was hilarious...and felt a bit real and scary to Ben and I!!


 I thought I might share some photos of the presents I wrapped and the tags I made.  The presents actually took ages to wrap...felt like I was wrapping for days!!! The tags were a quick whip up as I was running out of time.  But they were made to match each gift wrapping.  I went with red, green and gold theme and added hessian for something a little different.  I just bought a couple of metres of it from Spotlight and cut it into strips and frayed the edges.  It was very messy, but looked effective and nobody wanted to un-wrap their gift!!!


 All up I wrapped 12 adult presents.  I didnt bother decorating the kids presents as they just rip the paper off anyway.  I just popped them into santa gift bags.


Here is a close-up of one gift and then all the others under the tree.


I hope to be back over the next few days to share more of the things I made for Christmas.

Thanks for popping by,

Alicia xx

9 comments:

Jessie said...

Your presents and tags are so beautiful! Hope your christmas was magical!

Carol Dee said...

Oh my goodness, I remember those days when all the gift wrapping coordinated and everything looked storybook perfect! Things may be a bit differant next year (or the one after with a toddlers help!) The diapers where a great gift, you willbe needing them soon enough. ;) Big Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Where Hope grows miracles blossom!!!
wish you and yours a very happy new year - I love your photo :0).

Sandra H said...

Oh Wow, looks like you had a fabulous christmas seeing all your lovely presents with those lovely gift tags and your family and friends hope you have a fabulous new year too!!:) Sandra H

Leanne said...

Wonderful share Alicia. Beautiful wrapping & those tags are gorgeous! I just went with plain ole wrapping paper and used a nice ribbon. Can't blame the adults for not wanting to ruin that beautiful wrapping. So happy you had a wonderful Christmas.

Merry said...

Oh wow Alicia....your presents are stunning I wouldn't want to open them. :-) What a funny present for your hubby.....

kiwimeskreations said...

Your tags and wrapping were fabulous!!
The box of nappies reminds me of the rattle we were given the Christmas we were expecting DD :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Cheryl said...

Your gifts look gorgeous! I bet it did take you a long time but the result is lovely.


Wishing you a year of health, happiness and creativity! Happy New Year!

Loz said...

they look awesome!! xx