Saturday, January 28, 2012

Smash Book Recipe - Slice


Hello! Today I would like to share another recipe for my Smash Book.

Elizabeth told me about this Recipe challenge over at Lasting Memories where you follow the following sketch and I really wanted to try it out.

I tried my best, but had difficulty following the sketch exactly.  This is what I came up with:


You are probably thinking this looks nothing like the sketch!  I think that too...but maybe it is more "inspired" by the sketch!!  Anyway the recipe is a really good one.  I make it all the time and everyone loves it.  So if you want a quick, easy, pretty healthy chocolate slice give it a go!




I also have a "pretty in pink" Anya Princess card to share today for our 

Carol, a good blogging friend of mine has a limited amount of Copics.  She sent me a list of what she has got in her collection and I coloured my Princess Anya stamp only using the Copic colours she owns.


The colours are: 

Hair: E37, E33, Y17, Y11 and Y02
Skin: E11, E21
Pinks: R46, RV34, RV23

Do you have a smallish Copic collection and want some help putting them together on an image?  Why not email or leave a comment and I will see if I can colour something for you.

For this card I used papers from the Be Mine paper pad that is in my Valentine's candy.  I bought two pads at the time, one for me and one for the lucky winner! The papers are delicious!  I have my sewing machine out again now and I am a bit fed up with the white stitching not really showing up on the cards so I have gone for dramatic black!

I would like to enter this card in two challenges:

I have used a sparkly ribbon buckle, some large rhinestones and glitter on the image
and
I have used a heart-shaped doily.


Sammi has an awesome collection of the Anya stamps in her store here.
They start at $8 each, which is so affordable.  If you are after some new stamps to motivate your colouring head on over to Sammi and she can definitely help you out.

Mad For Markers [home link]
I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Thanks for stopping by!

Alicia xx

23 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Oh ALicia, you are after my heart girl! Chocolate AND low fat!! I NEED to print this off!!!! TFS!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories!!!

Also, i LOVE your card!! Beautiful coloring!! I have yet to try copics, but this is stunning.

Emma said...

I love how you have colored Anya up using only colors that your friend has, such a great idea and I'm sure it helped her a lot!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Beautiful card!! Your coloring is WOW!!!! Ditto for your LO.....don;t fret over the sketch.....I often veer off course too and my pages rarely look like the sketch....lol. Just consider it a starting point and it it take you where it will :) Those brownies sure look tasty!!!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Lasting Memories....hope to see you again!!

Tina LMDT :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way you have coloured the card - she looks fabulous, and the stitching really is dramatic!! Love the look of the recipe page.
Blessings
Maxine

chrilvian said...

what a pretty card
thanks for playing with the anyone for anya challenge

Janine DT AFA

Denise Pustelniak said...

LOVE what you have created! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lasting Memories. (It does look like the sketch, just flipped it around a bit)

Mary J said...

So very beautiful Alicia! Love your ribbon slide and stitching!

Cyndi said...

love your card and the bright colors!

Jessie said...

Firstly I love the black stitching and the way it's wavy! The bling is so pretty and your colouring and the papers are fab! Love how you used the sketch and the recipe sounds really yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Irene said...

Love the card Alicia, your colouring is always so perfect, love everything about it, the bling , the heart doily just brilliant. A great recipe for your smash book, looks yummy, such a gorgeous way to keep your favourite recipes.
Irene xx

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia,
Yummy! I would love to have the reciepe but I can't read it on my computer. My email is scrapbookingmom123@comcast.net
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Elizabeth LMDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Rachel Parys said...

LOVE your princess!! Beautiful coloring, paper, and layout! Super card!

Sarah-Jane said...

Gorgeous card. I love Princess Anya, she's so sweet!
Sarah-Jane xx

Jennasa~findtimetocreate said...

Great take on the sketch and the challenge.

Thanks for joing us at LMCB.

Jennasa

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, This is a really stunning card love the image and the colouring is perfectly done:) Sandra H

Michelle (scrappinforkenzie) said...

MMM this looks so delicious!!! And remember the sketch is just there for inspiration, as long as you do the challenge you're golden! I think you rocked it! :) Thanks for playing with us at lasting memories! :)
Michelle LMDT
Scrappinforkenzie.blogspot.com

Stacia Brandt said...

Alicia, Those look really yummy! Thanks for sharing and for joining us at Lasting Memories for the challenge this week! ~Stacia - LMDT

Michele said...

Well it might not follow the sketch exactly...but it follows our challenge PREFECTLY!! Wonderful!! And yummy to. Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories this week. Hope you will be back tomorrow for our next challenge. :-)
Michele
LMDT

Merry said...

Two wonderful creations. So love the papers on the card and of course your terrific colouring. Also a bonus recipe. :-)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

The pink and brown is so perfect for the brownie layout. You are making me so hungry. Love Brownies! Thanks for joining us at LM this week.

Carol Dee said...

Thank You Sweetie! I love her hair. Such a pretty golden blonde, and I did not think I had anything to color hair with! (I just picked up 3 more colors.) :) Yeah.
Big Hugs...

K Clark said...

love brownies!!! great the you revamped the recipe - i always forget to write something down and then I never remember what I anted to change - love your card as well

tfs
Kimberly LMDT
http://leokc34.blogspot.com

Denise Pustelniak said...

MMM...Good recipe! Love how you did the sketch!