Friday, January 13, 2012

Project Life

Hi Blogging Beauties,

I didnt make it back yesterday.
I was busy getting ready for my Grandad's birthday tea.  Making cards, wrapping presents, going to the dentist and getting a filling!!  I think he had a really nice night so that makes me happy.  It is his first birthday since my Nan died so I wanted it to be a nice day for him.  Here is a pic of the serious business of present opening....


Anyway, I  have been wanting to tell you about a project I have started this year that I have been working on... A friend told me about Project Life by Becky Higgins.
Have you seen it or heard of it?
It is an American product.

Here are two of my favourite clips to watch that tell you all about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UHJ5pox_s2M

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=ULU_d1zzDz8bo&v=U_d1zzDz8bo

So anyway I ordered one kit and as soon as it arrived I ordered another.
I have been working on the first one and I am documenting the photos from 2011.
I am already up to June, so nearly half-way through the year.  It is a really fast way to scrapbook and I really like how it has been looking.  If you have been reading my blog for awhile you would know I have been searching for the best method of scrapbooking for me.  I think I may have found it in Project Life.  

Here are just a few pages I have done.

(Some of them felt too personal to put on the internet for the whole world to see...if you know what I mean...so I picked these three to share.  You might remember these photos from last year because I did blog some of them.)





You can add as much or as little journalling as you like.  Or embellishments or stickers.  I am keeping mine flat and pretty plain.  I like the flexibility of it.  I also like how you can categorise it into months, which is how I save my photos on the computer.  So I have been getting a month developed at a time at Big W...10cent prints are so so cheap, coming home and putting them in.  Then doing the next month.
It has been a reflective and rewarding process.  I plan to do it for this year as well, but this time as it happens.  I think I might even fit two years into the one binder. 

So I just wanted to share it with you, in case you hadn't heard of it and wanted to give it a go.

Thanks for popping by,

Alicia xx

6 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Mom gave me all my photos from birth to marriage and now 35 married years and 2 sons (ages 28 and 31)later I have a TON of photos needing a scrap book. I should really look into this. Thanks for the info. Hugs...

Jessie said...

What a great idea! Especially for this year as you are pregnant, it's going to be so cool for your baby to look back on and see what fun it's parents got up to! Can't wait to see more of your pages!

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, looks like you had a fabulous day hope he enjoyed his birthday:) Sandra H

kiwimeskreations said...

How wonderful of you to make your Granddad's birthday special! That program looks a beaut - make the most of it as once baby arrives time is at a premium :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Merry said...

What a terrific project....I will have to check out the links. I have plans on scrapbooking my sons school years now that he has finished. Looks like your Grandad had a lovely birthday.

Loz said...

2 years in the one binder with bubby number 1 on the way? pfft - not a chance :) you'll need a page a day!! Hope you and bub are travelling along okay.. this is the first time in wks I've been on here and have no desire whatsoever to make anything but couldn't resist coming over for a sticky at your blog. Take care xx