Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy {Belated} Valentines xx


Happy Belated Valentines Blogging Beauties,

I trust you did something romantic...
I packed Ben a little chocolate and a note in his lunch box and that was our effort...kept it pretty simple LOL.  I did however, receive a beautiful Valentine card from my blogging friend Carol.  Thank you so much Carol.  It even came on exactly the right day all the way from America - amazing!!

I did have two Valentines cards made up one for me to give Ben and one for him to give me...but we never got around to writing on them!! This is the one I was going to get.  So as it is still unwritten on I am giving it to you for coming over and reading my blog!

I used a cute LOTV die cut, a heart-shaped doily and pink pins.  Some chipboard hearts that i coloured with Copics.  Some swirls, flowers, ribbon, glitter and stitching.  The papers are from the same pad in my Valentines Candy and the ribbon is the same too.



I have had a busy week so far, hence the lack of blogging.  Not really interesting enough to write about...just jobs, appointments and tutoring.  Today is my first stay at home day and I have a man coming to clean our carpets.   Why is there always so much to do at home...cleaning, washing, gardening etc etc.  It really is a full-time job, home maintenance, isnt it??  My cupboard for the nursery that I bought over a month ago should be arriving in town this week.  If I am really lucky I might get it picked up on Saturday otherwise it will be next week.  Then I can really start organising things in the nursery and then I will post some pictures.

Ben has been photographing hundreds of photos with the new camera.  A few evenings ago I had to go and stand in itchy long grass in the next door neighbour's paddock and get eaten by enormous mosquitoes for one photo shoot.  He kept reminding me it was lucky I wasnt getting paid for this job, as I was doing a lot of complaining and squatting of mosquitoes.  I tried to assure him anyone in my position would do exactly the same thing!!!  Anyway here is a photo to prove I survived the ordeal.


I dont think I got any diseases from the mosquitoes...I havent had any strange symptoms as yet...fingers crossed!  Anyway, the good thing is that he is just loving taking photos and learning as much as he can about photography, so the camera was a worthwhile purchase.  Our Picasa library has exploded with hundreds of pictures...lots to sort through.

Well, I think that is about as long as I can stay and chat (or write)...there are jobs awaiting! 
I hope you have a beautiful day.
Thanks for stopping over at my blog.

Alicia xx

13 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

That is, hands down, my favorite Valentine card I have seen! The image is "to die for", and your layout and embellishments are fantastic!!! I think if I had made that, I would never be able to part with it!!

karenw said...

Happy valentines day! The cards are very sweet.

The new baby will be well documented (time to step up the scrapbooking...). I hope any mysterious mosquito dieases stay away, great photo - well worth it (once the itching stops anyway!)

xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Alicia your card is a stunner!
For Valentines here I gave DH a card and picked a red rose - he is taking me for coffee tomorrow - all very simple!
Yup - the jobs around the house never stop - we would go crazy if it was not for craft :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Leigh said...

Lovely Valentine's card Alicia. You obviously spent a lot of time on it. I think the mosquitoes are bad everywhere...just something that happens after rain.

Blankina said...

Hi Alicia, wow..."can you feel the love tonight"...this song comes into my head seeing this lovely romantic card. So sweet and detailed. Why don't you join the timbroscrapmania challenge ( see over at my blog ).
Ciao from Italy
Blankina

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous especially the colours hugs pops x

Sandra H said...

Fabulous card Alicia:) Sandra H

Carol Dee said...

What a lovely Valentine. (And photo of you.) I am glad my card arrived on time. I am never sure when to mail or how long it will take. I am looking forward to seeing the nursery soon. hugs...

Annette Bowes said...

No end to your tallents Alicia, now a super model, next super mum lol! Beautiful photo looks professional. Is Ben getting in practice for when the baby arrives lol! House maintenance is very frustrating! Definately doesn't stay clean for long enough! Your card is stunning, love all your pretty layers beautifully stitched and super cute ted! Had to laugh I have been known to buy my presents for DH to me, but never the card lol! Keep well, look forward to seeing the nursery, have a wonderful weekend, take careX:)

Loz said...

very cute card! urgh the mozzies have come back out in force down here at the moment too.. good to know you're still healthy! xx oh btw - I love the photo!

Jessie said...

Adorable card and the photo of you is beautiful! Hope you are having a great day!

Unknown said...

A lovely card....and I love the photo...although not the mozzies...I dread May and September here...all the special anti-mozzie candles are lit etc to try and keep them away....but they just love me ha ha. xxx

Gretchen said...

You are so super organised to have Valentines Day cards organised, even if they weren't written in :) Such a lovely photo I'm sure it was worth the ordeal from Ben's point of view. He will be making good use of that camera no doubt.