Friday, February 27, 2015

Sometimes you have to send a sad card....

Close to My Heart Sympathy Card

 I have had to send two sad cards out recently.  One for my cousin (and her family) who lost her baby at around 20 weeks.  Her little baby Hope will always be remembered in our hearts.  I felt very sorry for her and her husband and her other three children so I made this little card up and sent it to them.

Close to my Heart Sympathy Card















 


It was a bit tricky to begin with...what sort of a card do you send... I ended up creating a girly-pink card with a big love heart for lots of love to be sent to them.  This card features all Close to My Heart products.  I love how it turned out.  By the time it was finished it seemed kind of perfect for their family.

I'm linking this card up to Heart-2-Heart Challenges - Entwined.



Close to my Heart
 



My second sad card was for another cousin's husband who has just recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer at the tender age of 30.  What is the go with that? I was shocked with that news.  Especially as he is a very healthy man.  Again I really wasn't sure what sort of card to make.  I didn't want it to be too feminine, but I wanted it to have nature on it, because he loves nature.  I was making cards on Nicky's bed while he was playing in his toy room and I saw this little tree in his bed spread cover.  So I drew a copied design onto Close to My Heart papers and made a little hill for the tree to stand on.


I just love this green spotty paper.  I need more of it!

Close to my Heart
 


We sent a little nature collage Nicky had made as well with this card and lots of prayers and well wishes.
Chris has featured my cards here on her blog today and she details all the materials and where you can buy them if you are interested.
I hope I haven't depressed you with this blog post!
Here's a little cheery photo of Nicky and I taken recently.
He wears glasses now and he really is a ray of sunshine who makes life so meaningful and wonderful.
Lets finish this on a brighter note!


I hope you have a beautiful weekend,
Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: