Thursday, April 2, 2015

Kaisercraft Design Team 2015 Entry




Hello,

Today I am blogging my Kaisercraft Design Team 2015 Entry.

To enter you need to submit three projects; A Layout, an Off-the Page creation and a Card or Mixed Media Project.   The projects must feature current Kaisercraft products.

1. Card - "Love"

Firstly I wanted to share a card I made for a friend to take to the wedding of a mutual friend.  She allowed me the creative freedom to do whatever I wanted so I came up with this card.
Of all creative projects I love to make cards the best.
This card features the "All That Glitters" Collection that has just been released from Kaisercraft.
Oh my, it is so beautiful...full of gold, pink, mint, peonies and butterflies.  I certainly am in "love" with this collection!

How to make this Card:

1. Cut Chevron Glitter paper to 105cm x 85cm and adhere to top of folded card.
2. Cut Golden Flowers paper to 105cm x 70cm and adhere to bottom of folded card.
3. Cover joins of paper with Pink Damask Washi Tape and pink ribbon.  Layer organza ribbon on top of satin ribbon and tie with a bow.
4. Position Collectables in the centre of the card layering a gold circular frame, pink peonies and a pink butterfly cut from "Golden Butterflies" Collection.
5. Add a Hot Pink Paper Bloom to the centre of the cluster.
6. Adhere a "Love" Sentiment collectable to the bottom half of the card.
7. Add some pink gems randomly over the card.

Love Card - Kaisercraft All That Glitters

I have made lots of other cards using previous collections from Kaisercraft that have been published in Australian Cardmaking Stamping and Papercraft Magazine.  
I would love you to visit my Publications Page here.

2. Layout - "Smile"

For my Layout I have used the Kaisercraft Shine Bright Collection.
I had this special photo of Nicky and I that I wanted to scrapbook.  It is hard to get a good photo of both of us these days, so when we spontaneously snapped this selfie I wanted to do something special with it.  I love this sunshiney yellow and back, white and grey collection.  I am in love with black and white stripes so I chose that as the main paper in the Layout.  I also loved the yellow chevron...when you start going through the papers and the collectables from this collection you will find there isn't much you don't love!  I pulled out so many bits and pieces for this layout and only used a few of them.  This would be a great collection for a mini album.

Smile Layout - Kaisercraft Shine Bright



How to Make this Layout

1. Start with a 12x12 black card.
2. Trim the Black and White "Golden" striped paper a little and layer it onto the black card leaving a black border edge all the way around.
3. Cut another black square and a yellow square slightly larger.  Layer the black square onto the yellow with another border all the way around.
4. Layer your photo with black card.
5. Cut a strip of the yellow chevron "Sunflower" paper and layer it onto a strip of black card on the right-hand side.  Then add a white border sticker to the black strip.  Add the grey sticker with the quote "There are so many reasons to be happy" on the left side of the chevron strip.
6.  Layer the black and yellow square into the middle of the page.  Adhere the Chevron Strip over the top of the black and yellow square. 
7. Make a little tag for some hidden journalling that slips in behind the photo.  Cut a box of lined paper from "Mango" with the heading "Shine on" at the top.  Staple on a "memory" Collectable and a Grey banner collectable to the back of the card.  Embellish with a black star.  Then add your journalling.

Smile Layout - Kaisercraft Shine Bright

8. In the corner where your photo will go stamp some "Shine Bright" circle stamps and layer some grey banner stickers over the top.  Glue on a black heart collectable and add another black star.

Smile Layout - Kaisercraft Shine Bright


9. Then add your matted photo over the top of both.  Leave a gap at the top of the photo to allow for a tag with hidden journalling.
10.  Finally glue two tags together (one that says "Embrace the Journey") from the Collectables with white and gold twine and paste at the left-hand bottom corner of the photo.  Then add the word "smile" at the bottom of your photo onto black card.


Off The Page - "Dream Big" Wall Art

For my Off The Page Project I used papers and Collectables from the Kaisercraft Blue Bay Collection.  This is a beautiful collection. When I was making this 3D Wall Art I was picturing this as a mini Vision board for myself with colours I would love to furnish our Dream home in.

Dream Big - Kaisercraft Blue BayHow to make this Off the Page Project:

1. Paint the edges of the four wood panels with an off-white paint
2. Adhere paper from the Kaisercraft Blue Bay Collection (that is cut to fit with corners rounded) using Mod Podge.
3. Ink the edges with White ink.  Paint Mod Podge over each panel.
4.Then glue the two horizontal wooden bars to the back of the four panels with Mod Podge.
5. Glue the "Dream Big" sentiment to paper and cut around the word with a blade.  Ink the edges with white ink to soften it.  Paint over with Mod Podge.
6. Position some collectables around the word.  I chose an aqua frame, white shutters, a large white clock, a circle of love and a key hole...all of these things are symbolic of my Dream home furnishings.
7.  When you are happy with the positioning, glue these collectables down and paint Mod Podge over the top of them,
8. Then glue the Dream Big word down.
9. Finally embellish with three Kaisercraft Chipboard love hearts that have been inked with white ink.

So thats my entry!
Thank you for taking the time to look at this showcase of creative projects.
Fingers crossed something wonderful happens!!

Have a beautiful day,
Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: