Saturday, July 18, 2015

Kaisercraft ~ Quick and Easy Cards using July Collections - Part Three Botanica

Alicia McNamara

Hello,
Today I am sharing my third and final set of cards using the July Collections by Kaisercraft.
Botanica
You can read Part One and Part Two here.
This time I'm using the Botanica Collection.  If I had to choose a favourite from this month’s collections, I really don’t think I could.  They are all so beautiful and so easy to use!   For this set of cards I started with P1880 Habitat 12x 12 Paper.

I love it when Kaisercraft makes these little 3×4 pictures because they are so perfect for a quick and easy collection of cards.  These little botanical illustrations have such a natural feel to them I thought I would coordinate them with a CB 155 Kraft card stock base.
I designed a little card sketch featuring the Botanical illustrations.  I chose five pictures and matched them with a background page from the PP973 Botanical 6 1/2 inch Paper Pad.
Botanica Card Sketch K
I layered  EM 405 Paper Doilies underneath each picture.  A tip is to cut your doily in half, then your doilies can be stretched a little further, which is handy if you love them as much as I do and use them often.
Alicia McNamara
I also layered tags from the EM429 Just For You Tag Pack.  I love the texture the string adds to the card and the natural colour really works in with the theme of this little card set.
Alicia McNamara
I chose some sentiment stickers from ST922 Clear Stickers – Happy Birthday and ST926 Clear Stickers – Friends.  I adhered these stickers to white card and then layered the white card onto Kraft card.  These sentiment stickers are a fantastic way to go as an alternative to stamping your sentiment.
Alicia McNamara
I used CS223 Clear Stamp- Botanica to stamp some leaves onto Kraft card using white ink.
Alicia McNamara
Then I teamed the leaves with some Mini Paper Blooms in five colours: F659 Misty, F645 Honey, F658 Dusty Pink, F651 Sunset and F650 Olive.
Alicia McNamara
Kaisercraft Supplies:
P1880 Habitat 12x 12 Paper |CB 155 Kraft |CD101 12×12 Weave – Coconut |PP973 Botanical 6 1/2 inch Paper Pad |EM 405 Paper Doilies |EM429 Just For You Tag Pack |ST922 Clear Stickers – Happy Birthday | ST926 Clear Stickers – Friends |F659 Mini Paper Blooms – Misty | F645 Mini Paper Blooms – Honey | F658 Mini Paper Blooms – Dusty Pink | F651 Mini Paper Blooms – Sunset | F650 Mini Paper Blooms – Olive.
Other Supplies: White ink





 I hope you enjoyed some card ideas and sketches with this month’s gorgeous collections.  Head on over to Kaisercraft to see more amazing inspiration by the Design Team.
I would love to hear your thoughts...Which is your favourite July Collection?
Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: