Monday, August 31, 2015

Kaisercraft Time Machine - Happy 100th Birthday Book

Alicia McNamara

I was asked to make a special 100th Birthday card for a close family friend.  I have only made two other 100 Birthday cards before...its a bit special really and quite an honour!  This 100th Birthday Card turned into a book as the person requesting it wanted photos and messages from everyone in the family.

I altered a little Close to my Heart Book that I had with the Kaisercraft Time Machine Collection.  Time Machine was perfect for this project because of the masculine colours and feel to the papers and the little quotes all tied in well with the celebration of 100 years of life.

Alicia McNamara

I used Kaisercraft Alpha Chipboard  for the sentiment on the front of the book and inked them with Bark Ink.
This was the first page as you open the book.

Alicia McNamara

After taking the photos and sending the book away I thought about sharing this project on my blog.  However I wanted the messages and names of the people in the book to remain private.  So I edited the photos afterwards to white out the text.

Alicia McNamara


Each page inside consisted of a photo and a matching birthday message from each section of the family.

Alicia McNamara

The papers and collectables did all the work on this project.

Alicia McNamara
I used a Copic marker to change the white spiral binding to a more rustic look and Kaisercraft "Vintage" ink to add some distressing to the edges of the pages.

Alicia McNamara
The last pages I added some quotes, collectables and stickers.

Alicia McNamara

I was happy with how it turned out and all the family loved it : )

Kaisercraft Products Used:

CT836 Collectables



PP978 Paper Pad


PK516 Paper Pack


CS236 Clear Stamps


IP723 Vintage

IP724 Bark

CB108


Thanks for stopping by,

Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: