Thursday, June 2, 2016

Kaisercraft June 2016 Papercraft Challenge - Die Storage Method


KC JUNE MOOD

 We have had another wonderful response to last month's Kaisercraft challenge. Thank you to all who entered in the challenge, such an amazing and wonderful collection of inspirational cards.  The judges are looking through all the entries and the Winners will be announced on Saturday 4th June, but now for this month's challenge.

It is a Mood Board Challenge…… a Paper Craft Challenge !!!

Just create a Card, Layout, Journal Page or any Beyond the Page Project , using any image/images or just a colour as inspiration from the Mood Board, with at least 80% Kaisercraft Products from any Kaisercraft paper collection.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
You can enter as many times as you like ! The more you enter the more chances of winning :)

Once done, link your project by creating a blog post on your personal blog or take a photo of it on your personal Facebook page, copy the link... Click on the little frog icon, at the bottom of the Kaisercraft blog post, add your name and link. You can also view all the other entries as well!
Good Luck everyone!!!

The deadline: Comments with linked entries for each monthly challenge will close on 3oth June 2016 at 11.59pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC +10/Daylight Savings Time UTC +11)
The prizes:
There will be 2 prizes, (Random draw winners - EVERY entry is eligible)
Winners will be announced at the beginning of July 2016.



For my contribution to the Challenge I decided to make a Beyond the Page Project.  About a month ago I purchased the Multipurpose Box kit from my local Kaisercraft store at Robina.  I haven't made one of these projects before and I originally thought this would be good to store hand-made cards in under categories like birthday, baby, wedding etc.  I like the idea of having an organised system to store my hand-made cards in as they currently get put into a box in no real organised state.  Then I thought for while about this box and thought it would be great to hold recipe cards to have on hand in the Kitchen.  Then my third and final idea was to use this box as a storage box for my dies.  It really is a very useful and versatile box that could be used to store almost anything!

This was a photo of my old method of storing dies.  (Its pretty scary.)  You can see why I have been looking for a new way to organise my Kaisercraft Dies. My collection has grown steadily in the last year and I haven't been sure exactly how to manage it.  All I knew was that it was getting very hard to find the die I was looking for and that something needed to be done.

Kaisercraft Beyond the page Die Storage Box by Alicia McNamara

The Kaisercraft Multipurpose Box has come to the rescue! Its the perfect size for storing the dies attached to the magnets provided in the Kaisercraft packaging and you can easily flip through them to find what you are looking for.  I used the dividers to separate the dies into the Kaisercraft categories; Decorative Dies, Decorative Die Words, Card Creation Dies and Dies with matching Stamps.
Kaisercraft Beyond the page Die Storage Box by Alicia McNamara

I decorated the box with the gorgeous new Boho Dreams Collection papers and die-cut my own title for the box - how ironic!  This project was quick and easy to make.  I am now thinking a box for embossing folders, background stamps, flowers...the list could go on!
Could you use a box like this in your house to hold something?  If you decided to give this project a go, let me know, I would love to see your interpretation : )

Kaisercraft Beyond the page Die Storage Box by Alicia McNamara

Kaisercraft Products: SB2339 Multipurpose Box | P2106 Dreamcatcher | P2107 Feathers | P2108 Young | P2019 Wild | P2111 Wanderer | P2113 Bohemian | P2114 Adventurer | PP999 Paper pad | CT858 Collectables | IP724 Ink - Bark | SB791 Pearls - Pewter | KM113 Kaiser Mist - Coffee | F650 Paper Blooms Mini - Olive | F667 Paper Blooms - Coral | CB153 Corrugated Cardboard | LDB1059 Natural Twine | FL575 Flourish Pack - Wedding |

Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: